Graduating again by boxplayer

Graduating again

J graduates from UCL - family pic on the South Bank before the ceremony.

So we both had the day off for the graduation ceremony. Peter and Tina arrived at ours about 8.30 and we got the tube to Embankment - Tina was a touch nervous not really being a big fan of tube travel.

Arrived with plenty of time to take some pics by the river then got a cup of tea in Le Pain Quotidien.
Some arguing ensured over who was going in to the actual ceremony as there were only 2 spaces - and in the end, Tina and Jen went in.

Dave, Peter and I went up on to the 5th floor where there was a screen we could watch it on - and as it turned out there were plenty of seats left in the hall so they let us in anyway.

It did go on and on though - after we'd seen J get up it all dragged on a bit and I played around processing the pics on my phone. Finally let out we found that the organisers weren't fussed about who had tickets for the reception either and ended up having a nice couple of glasses of bubbly and a few canapes and took some more pics of J with his course mates.

We walked back across the river to Soho after that for a meal at Prix Fixe - companion of Pierre Victoire. Very nice: sea trout bruschetta and spinach and feta omelette with chips. We bought a bottle of champagne as our treat but irritatingly Peter and Tina wouldn't let us pay for it.

We shared an Eton Mess and Banoffee pie, but possibly a much for us and we came out really stuffed. The VDBs were going to stay out and watch the football but Dave and I were quite tired so decided to go home.

As I came out of Blackhorse Road though I found I really needed the loo and had to do some uncharacteristic running home - definitely too much food.

Then lay upstairs with the window open relaxing and dozing. Dave got up at 7 to watch the England match and I stayed upstairs watching the Handmaid's Tale and played a bit of music. Sneaking a look at my phone score, I thought the game was in the bag until Colombia equalised in injury time.

So it was into extra time and penalties - and luckily contrary to expectations we won on penalties. Who'd have thought it. So I could relax with Dave in good humour ready for his blood test ordeal tomorrow.

The VDBs arrived not too long after and managed to cart off a big plastic box of J's stuff.


3 July 2018
South Bank SE1
That's a nice photo of you all
July 9th, 2018  
Leave a Comment
Sign up for a free account or Sign in to post a comment.