The huge pipe organ in the gallery, dedicated on Sunday, February 4. 1894, in a great public concert, was once one of the finest instruments in the city. The year 1977 saw the first phase of its restoration by the White Organ Co. of Lansing, Michigan; the second phase witnessed its complete restoration in 1984. It is a two-manual instrument with a great organ and a swell organ. Being a twenty-rank organ, it comprises pipes sixteen feet in height.
The case of this organ is unusually massive, being of solid two-inch oak, with heavy pilasters and moldings. Its finish reflects the beauty of the wood used in its fabrication. It was built by the Austin Organ Co. of Hanford, Conn.