Where to Next?

April 19th, 2014
Hi folks, I'm using a Nikion D5100 at the moment and am realy wanting to make the move to a full frame DSLR. I'm just wondering what peoples experiences are with the FX cameras. and which one they would recommend as my next step?
April 19th, 2014
Shawn, is there a way you can change the title of this post. I clicked on it because I was curious what the post was about. But, it isn't apparent without clicking. I think many are skipping over it.

By the way, I know nothing about FX cameras. Sorry.
April 19th, 2014
@adambralston Cheers I'll fix it now. I dont seem to be able to Change it.
April 19th, 2014
Ok let me start this off, I've been Looking at the D610 and the D800, huge difference in price and features. But not sure of the $3000 is to over the top, knowing that one day Id get to this levfel of camera anyway, so do I just bite the bullet now or make the middle ground move first.

Then ther would be the new lenses to but thats not even on my radar yet.
April 19th, 2014
You might need to start a new thread. Might get more hits if all of that is in the title?

I don't know about the Nikon cameras, but here is a really really good thread I just read on upgrading camera body versus going with glass... and I think it is good advice no matter which camera maker you choose.
http://365project.org/discuss/general/22126/to-go-full-frame-or-just-get-a-new-lens
April 19th, 2014
@adambralston I was thinking the same. Cheers Adam, PS I checked out some of your shots nice work.
Write a Reply