Photoshop

April 19th, 2014
Does anyone know or is it possible to buy and older version of photoshop? I cannot afford the price of new versions. Just wondering. Thanks for taking time to look at my question. Also, where would I look for the best price.
April 19th, 2014
I think all versions of Photoshop are expensive, I pay monthly for the photoshop cc version at approximately £8 per month.
April 19th, 2014
Thank you so much Daisy.
April 19th, 2014
@miata2u If you are going to go the Photoshop route, don't even think of any but the most current, you will be disappointed. The Photographer subscription for Lightroom and Photoshop CC is US$9.99 a month from Adobe. For the price of 3 cups of coffee a month? Sounded like a bargain to me. If you just want the "develop modules" of Camera Raw, Lightroom 5.3 can be had for something like US$149 I think.
April 19th, 2014
@oopsadaisy Daisy, I hope you get as much out of it as I do. It's an incredible resource.
April 19th, 2014
I took a photo class and bought it for the student price -- fantastic bargain.
April 20th, 2014
I bought my photoshop elements 9 on ebay.
April 20th, 2014
@miata2u I have Photoshop ELements 5 if you want it. You cant do RaW and of course not some other things but I used it for years till I bought Windows 8 laptop and now I have PS Elements 12. Very similar. What Operating System do you use?
April 20th, 2014
@jannkc I just have windows 7. And am still pretty new to all of this but I am so tired of picmonkey. I did use a friends photoshop older version a little to learn some of it. How would I get it from you. I really appreciate the help. I cannot afford the full program yet. If I can't get it franks idea might work. I am retired so money is pretty tight right now.
April 20th, 2014
@miata2u Have you considered PS Elements 12? It's one time purchase of 99$. It's great to learn on.

If you're looking for older versions of PSE, you might be able to get one at a computer store, or even Staples or Wal-Mart.

Finding it online is always an option, but it's difficult to find a reliable site selling older versions. You can get PSE12 directly from Adobe online (or buy in store).

Plus I found this buying guide you may find helpful: http://www.adobe.com/ca/products/photoshop-elements/buying-guide.html
April 20th, 2014
@frankhymus I have just gone for this, pretty sweet deal I'd say. Just need to figure out how to use it now......:-)
April 20th, 2014
I must agree with @frankhymus if you are getting photoshop get the most recent version and for £8 a month I think its a perfect deal :)
April 20th, 2014
@frankhymus I do, there are so many resources, just need some lessons now Frank
April 20th, 2014
I bought Photoshop Elements 4 months ago but never get enough time to learn how to use it. It seems pretty complicated compared to Picasa. I too need some lessons Daisy. @oopsadaisy
April 20th, 2014
@miata2u You can often get older versions of Photoshop on ebay. Don't ask awkward questions about the origin, though! If you are in education, or know someone who is, you can get big reductions on the cost of Photoshop from Adobe. You need a letter from school/college, which is easy enough to get. When I was teaching Photoshop I advised all my students to get the program via this route. Back then you could do it via the website but I think that these days you have to phone them - hope that's helpful
April 20th, 2014
@miata2u I will mail it to you- email me your address and you can have it. No use to me anymore. It is fun to learn on and if and when you can get current version you will have some knowledge of it. jann.kline@gmail.com I will make sure it works with WIndows 7
April 20th, 2014
Looks like it should work. Worth a try anyway. http://forums.adobe.com/message/2800421 @miata2u
April 20th, 2014
@frankhymus Do you have a reference for how the subscription works? Do you have client software or are you working thru the web? If your working thru the web, then I'll stay with PSE 6 (12 when I get my new machine built), as the wifi connection that I'm working on is about half of what I am use to and there places we travel that that there is no connection at all. (wondering if there is a hotspot at the bottom of the Grand Canyon)
April 20th, 2014
@byrdlip You download onto your PC and install as usual. When you start the application, it checks for your subscription status. You can read more about CC here. http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud.html?promoid=KHQFQ
April 20th, 2014
@jannkc Thank you so much for the help.
April 20th, 2014
In the UK I have been able to download photoshop cs2 for free from adobe website. Have a google of photoshop cs2 free download. I have windows 7.
April 21st, 2014
@miata2u did you want me to send it? Should fit in a small USPS box. I have manual with it also. It is a combo of photoshop elements and premier elements. Looks like after you install you can upate to 5.02. email me if you want it. jann.kline@gmail.com
Write a Reply