Get Pushed Week 92 - Monday April 21st to Sunday April 27th (repost)

April 20th, 2014
Reposting as the spacing didn't work right the first time and folks didn't get tagged properly....

Sorry for the latest of getting the pairings posted - had to do family Easter today instead of Sunday due to sporting commitments and last night instead of doing the prep work, i went gallivanting with @summerfield on a nighttime shoot :) and now i am tired and keep mucking things up!

first off...

WHEN YOU'RE LOOKING FOR YOUR PARTNER, REMEMBER:

-- some folks don't post much on the weekends, post in clumps (ie: 3 or 4 days of shots in one go) or are at a point in their project when they only post a few times a week... soooo - if your partner doesn't get back to you right away, or appears to be a few days behind, please give it a day or so before asking for a new partner...

-- HOWEVER, if you're partner hasn't posted in over a week and hasn't responded to their last challenge, please let me know... even if you are ok with taking the week off, letting me know helps me keep the list up to date and makes things easier for pairings the following week...

IF YOU NEED TO BOW OUT AFTER THE PAIRINGS HAVE BEEN POSTED please let me know asap in this thread AND please tag your partner... that way they know not to peruse your album, and if someone else pops up looking for a partner before i have a chance to check in, they will be able to sort things out themselves :)

DID I MUCK SOMETHING UP?
if i left you off by mistake (or left you in by mistake!), misspelt your name or otherwise mucked things up, please let me know...

********************************************************************************

Week 92 Dates

-- Saturday / Sunday, April 19th and 20th - find your partner and issue a challenge
-- Monday April 21st thru Sunday April 27th - take a picture (or pictures) in response to the challenge issued to you, and post it with the tag: Get-Pushed-92, and comment on the photos taken in response to your challenge
-- Monday, April 28th - the winner of week 91 will pick 5 finalists for a vote

How to play:

TO ISSUE A CHALLENGE

1. Find your partner from the list below and click on their name to get to their profile

2. Browse through the last couple of months of photos to get a feel for what they shoot and don't shoot etc.

3. Post an introduction on their last photo, and also issue the challenge you are setting.

RESPOND TO A CHALLENGE

4. You have until midnight next Sunday, to take and post your shot or shots.

5. When posting your shot WRITE A SHORT DESCRIPTION about
-- who challenged you,
-- what the challenge was,
-- what you found hard about it etc.
You really should do this because if nothing else, it helps the previous week's winner when they have to choose this week's finalists... besides, if someone is cruising the photos with a "get pushed" tag, they like to see what the challenge was when looking at your photo :)

6. Make sure to tag your shot for the challenge.... Get-Pushed-92

7. Tag your challenger in a COMMENT (not just your write-up). You MUST tag your partner in a separate comment... tagging them in your write-up of your photo is not sufficient as it will not result in them getting a notification...

ALSO

8. it is nice to visit the photo that was made in response to your challenge and offer some comments and maybe even some constructive criticism...

9. On the Monday after the challenge is over, the winner of the previous week will pick 5 finalists for a vote, this can be based purely on their fav photos, who they felt best met the challenge etc, etc.

Happy trails!

@lleo with @mizzm
@palmilla with @lilminimonka
@teodw with @yvonneknitsknots
@bethanyjay with @unit8
@brianarmoured with @mzzhope
@zosimasy with @cgarner
@susale with @pennyp
@salza with @dh
@sewsharyn with @emblegemble
@taffy with @kirstenpicchick
@lifepause with @cindyloo
@countrylassie with @trishaclancy
@scarybird with @vitaw
@filsie65 with @tcolemanklein
@katelyn13 with @swilde
@debseibly with @roseolivia
@mathilde22cat with @katiebrenkert
@kathyboyles with @smevvy
@aprilmilani with @ltodd
@brigette with @my_photofun
@blueberry1222 with @mumswaby
@deburahiru with @la_photographic
@summerfield with @lynnilou
@nzsportpix with @ithinkithunk
@gijo1610 with @picmommy
@julieco with @bella_ss
@corgimom with @obmcreations
@crescentmoon86 with @chris_mcewan
@trinda with @m9f9l
@hopess13 with @spanner
@luvmynynix with @callymazoo
@mej2011 with @lynne5477
@francoise with @paign
@overalvandaan with @ikamera
@jlindros with @macromover
@homeschoolmom with @stephomy
@thomastoth with @hjbenson
@linc with @smithak
@tstb with @northy
@mei_photography with @bernicrumb
@photohoot with @smurfmuffin
@vignouse with @steampowered
@mikegifford with @riverlandphotos
@mcsiegle with @traceyhn
@salbelle with @cgoose
@stephan_haay with @ellisa
@blahowd with @jocasta
@annp2014 with @joansmor
@neatz with @chloejackson
@justaspark with @deniseizzi
@grapefruit with @joeymc
April 20th, 2014
Thank you Northy, I couldn't find my partner but I see you have changed it :)
April 20th, 2014
Thank you :) I usually just press F3 and start typing my user name
April 20th, 2014
@zosimasy Thanks for that tip Charles! I didn't know that one. The partner Northy gave me originally no longer had an account but she has changed partners for me now :)
April 20th, 2014
Thanks, @northy ! Just gave my challenge and hope to hear back soon! :)
April 20th, 2014
@northy - my partner @lifepause hasn't posted in over a week, but I've been behind before too...will give it a day!!
April 20th, 2014
No sorryNorthy, it is great that you are doing this everything, big thanks from me for all your doing
April 20th, 2014
Sem
hi Northy, I'm back if someone needs a partner this week, if not, could you add me for next week please? @northy
April 20th, 2014
Hello, I'd like to join get pushed. Happy to wait till the next round. Not done it before, do partners change each week or do they stay the same? Do we issue our own challenges? What if my camera can't do whatever is challenged? I have a small bridge camera... Want to be taken out of comfort zone. Thanks
April 20th, 2014
Thank you for my partner pairing @northy. Just to let you know last weeks partner had two suggestions from me neither of which she captured, thanks.
April 20th, 2014
@countrylassie hi Lesley... are they behind in their project? or just that they didn't respond?

@newbank hi there... you get new partners each week and you each issue the other a challenge... if you get a challenge you just can't do, let your partner know - it's supposed to be an exercise in stretching your skills and creativity - NOT an exercise in frustration :)
April 20th, 2014
Hi @northy thanks for the quick reply! No they are not behind, I gave first challenge of portrait as her site said she didn't do it so I thought the chance would be good. She asked for another challenge fair enough so I asked her to photograph as tasty looking dinner/cake.
April 20th, 2014
@countrylassie ok - well - sometimes people don't do the challenge for whatever reason... as long as they are uptodate and issuing challenges to their partners, i generally just let it be... really, the only person they are hurting is themselves, y'know?
April 20th, 2014
Thanks for that @northy, have a good day
April 20th, 2014
Hey @northy i think my partner is MIA. Looks like they last posted March 30th and didn't respond to their last partner's challenge. Usually I'd give it a day or two but 21 days without posting is kind of long....
April 20th, 2014
@ithinkithunk yep... looks like they are mia... how about pairing up with @semjaja instead?
April 20th, 2014
@northy thanks. Please add me next time and I'll give it ago.
April 20th, 2014
@newbank will do... btw, do you want to play this week? someone else might come along looking for a partner and then you could pair up with them... let me know!
April 20th, 2014
If someone does yes.

April 20th, 2014
I'm ready to come back please.
Do you want me to contact @newbank
April 20th, 2014
@northy @chris_mcewan I'm sorry, but I probably won't have much time the next couple of weeks, so can you please take me off the list again, tnx.
April 20th, 2014
@northy my partner last week didn't respond to my challenge, and i never received one. I left a message but didn't get an answer.
April 20th, 2014
Hi @northy Please can you add me to the list from next week again?
April 20th, 2014
@june sure - that'd be great!
April 20th, 2014
@zosimasy hmmm... wonder what is up? @trinda is reasonably caught up on her project... let's see if she responds this week...
April 20th, 2014
@gailmmeek certainly - do you want to play this week if someone is in need of a partner?
April 21st, 2014
@northy Hi Northy, you've partnered me with @steampowered but Paul left 365 on Saturday 12 April and has closed his account... he did tag you and asked to be taken off your list for Get-Pushed but I guess you missed it.
April 21st, 2014
@northy ! So sorry - still have not gotten a response from @lifepause - no posts since the 9th. I probably need to be assigned another partner. Sorry!!! - And thank you!! :)
April 21st, 2014
@northy Looks like you have your hands full this week, thank you for making the effort and posting these each week :)
April 21st, 2014
@vignouse oh dear... yes - must have missed it, tho' of course i knew he'd decided to leave...

how about you pair up with @cindyloo as it looks as tho' her partner may have gone missing... if @lifepause shows up i'll find someone else for her...
April 21st, 2014
@zosimasy no worries Charles... hopefully @cgarner will be up for playing this week... last week her partner pulled out and she said she'd take the week off... i did see she's a bit behind, but hopefully is still around and posting... let me know if you don't hear from her, 'k?
April 21st, 2014
Jae
@cindyloo cindy - i was on vacation....and catching up now - will get to you tomorrow (maybe tonite), I promise - standby! I won't let you down :)
April 21st, 2014
Jae
@northy - @cindyloo - it was only a day since the pairing - I have been on vacation and it is a holiday - but if you have already reassigned don't worry about it.
April 21st, 2014
@lifepause oooops! Looks like I jumped the gun.... Ok - you play with @cindyloo

@vignouse - how about checking in with @gailmeek to see if she's good to go for this week... If not - I'll find you someone else to pair up with...
April 21st, 2014
Jae
@northy thanks....i was under the impression that we go from Monday to Sunday. Am I wrong?
Thanks for all you do - I know this could get frustrating at times! I have had lots of partner no shows, just waited til the next week.
Let's have fun with it :)
April 21st, 2014
@lifepause YAY!!!! So glad!!!!!! :) So sorry for any confusion!! :( The rules said to let northy know if your partner hadn't posted in a week, but I wanted to post to you first to give it a go anyway! Didn't want her to have to go searching later in the game. This is my first time...be gentle!! LOL Great!! I'm excited! Thanks so much, @northy ! Jae, I'm looking forward to it!! Hope you had a great vacation!!
April 21st, 2014
Jae
@cindyloo OOOOOH A Get-pushed-virgin :) Will look at your stuff in a few mins - working on some edits and posts. Thanks!
April 21st, 2014
@lifepause - LOL!! Can't wait!! No prob!
April 21st, 2014
@gailmmeek Hi Gail, my partner for this week has left 365 and Northy @northy has suggested that you might be up for participating this week - can you let me know if you're available please and I'll set you a challenge.
April 21st, 2014
@crescentmoon86 @northy Hi Guys, Probably works out a good pairing, we are flat out for a few weeks too. Can I please opt out of the list for a while too?

Thanks Guys!
April 21st, 2014
@vignouse Ok that will be fine
April 21st, 2014
@northy Sure, can do. :)
April 22nd, 2014
Jo
Hi @northy - my partner for this week @grapefruit hasn't posted since April 9th. I have issued her a challenge but haven't heard anything in return. I'm happy to sit this week out but you might want to check on her before pairing her up next week. Thanks for all you do, must be a bit of a nightmare sometimes :)
April 26th, 2014
@northy Hi, can you please take me off the list for get pushed for now from tomorrow? I'm taking some time off 365 because of sickness and so wont be able to keep up with challenges and I'm aware I'm not being a very good partner.
Thanks for running this though, it's helped me a lot in the past few months try new things so I'll definitely try and be back once I'm a bit more stable. Thanks! :)
April 29th, 2014

Sorry Jo! I have been out of action for a couple weeks. Please take me off the challenge for now. I will try to join back in after everything settles down...probably end of May. Thanks! @northy @joeymc
Write a Reply