For Paul - In Memory

April 24th, 2014
Today - 25th April 2014 at 11am (BST)- our friend Paul will be laid to rest.
Although we never met face to face Paul touched hearts from all
around the globe. His kind and thoughtful nature was evident in the way he supported, encouraged and praised us even when he himself was struggling.
His beautiful images were an inspiration to us all and he will be missed by everyone who crossed his path.
Those of you who followed a little more closely know that Paul and I had a special bond that extended beyond 365 - please join me today remembering Paul by posting your favourite image of Pauls or one of yours that he loved and made one of his special comments on - you may like to listen to "Life is a Long Song" by Ian Anderson - one of Pauls favourites.
Paul captured our hearts and touched our lives in many ways.Riches do not lie in material wealth but in having met someone like him. Our thoughts go out to his family and friends at this time.
Rest in Peace - Rise in Glory
April 24th, 2014
In memory of my gorgeous Paul
April 24th, 2014
I'll always remember this one of Paul's. I tried to recreate it today in his memory, but couldn't come near it.
Farewell to a lovely man. RIP Paul
April 24th, 2014
I particularly loved Paul's macro shots, he often made me see mundane objects in a completely different light. A very sad loss indeed, may he rest in peace.

April 24th, 2014
Actually I never knew him before his death but had a look into his album afterwards and he was really a great photographer...
I love this one:
April 24th, 2014

Think this is a beautiful, happy image.
April 24th, 2014
This one was more recent and I had no idea the significance of it. Hitting the wall and what that meant to him. Miss you, my friend. You were loved!
April 24th, 2014
I didn't know him or follow him but can see he was a special person as so many on 365 are! I am so sorry for your loss. RIP, Paul.
April 24th, 2014
This was Paul's image on 3rd April - a red poppy. Special, for so so many reasons. RIP my friend.

April 24th, 2014
I completely agree with @amandal, my favourite too and remember thinkng this had some significance. Paul's death has affected many of us who didn't personally know him, but somehow developed a bond. 365 hasn't been the same since. Rest in peace Paul, will remember your images and lovely comments always
April 24th, 2014
I am new here, but I looked through Paul's album and found a favorite to share:

I am sorry for everyone's loss. All affected by this are in my prayers.
April 24th, 2014
RIP Paul -you leave behind wonderful work -I particularly love this one you did

April 24th, 2014
A wonderful man who always had time to make lovely comments in spite of the tough time he was going through. Sorely missed.
April 24th, 2014
This is an image he posted for me and one if my favs so I have to pick this one - the cross and poppy wreath so significant today
Rest In Peace my friend x
April 24th, 2014
@annied Thank you Annie...this is beautiful Love this collage. It brings tears to my eyes ... for you both!
April 24th, 2014

I loved Paul's shots that he used his red filter for his b&w images. They were always so beautiful and inspiring. This one really touched my heart. Will miss him very much. A bright light too soon extinguished. Prayers and thoughts to Annie and to Paul's family.
April 24th, 2014
Paul's image "Let's all sing to the death of a .... Tulip" is one of my favorites and particularly poignant today. You will be missed, Paul.
April 24th, 2014
I selected this photo, as it's such a great example of Paul's eye and wit. What a wonderful legacy he's left us. I do hope his family finds comfort in knowing he touched so many of us.

April 24th, 2014
I love this shot, very peaceful, harmonious in its lines, pov and colours. Beautiful take! You can tell there's the eye of a nature's lover.
RIP, Paul.
April 25th, 2014
Lisa - @pflaume posted my favorite but I want to post it again - this image taught me to look for beauty not just in living things, but to see beyond. Paul encouraged me to take my camera off auto. One of my first followers, he was always kind and encouraging and with a sense of humor. He will be greatly missed here and I can't even image how bereft his loved ones must be. It was just a bit over a year ago his mother passed away. So much loss.

There were also lots of fun posts of mundane objects - we would try to guess what they were. Much glorious rust and old rundown buildings.

Rest in Peace, Paul.
April 25th, 2014

When I first met Paul on 365 last summer he was doing a fair bit of selective colouring. I loved it. This was one of my favourites.
You will always be remembered Paul for your wonderful photographs and your kind words.
April 25th, 2014
Several of my favorites have already been posted, and it's so nice to see them again. I've always loved this one. The tractor just seems so incongruent with that lovely scene.

I always enjoyed seeing his view of the world, and am thankful for his kind and encouraging words.
April 25th, 2014
he will definitely be missed
April 25th, 2014
At the end of our life, what we have left behind is our legacy. Let us all remember to leave something beautiful and positive behind as Paul has done. May you rest in peace in knowing you have touched many around the world.

April 25th, 2014
So very sorry to hear this... RIP Paul.
April 25th, 2014
This was Paul's very first image on 365 and a reminder to me how much I loved the churches Paul photographed. Quite a poignant day today as it is Anzac Day here in Australia. Paul you touched many of our hearts, RIP dear friend.
April 25th, 2014
@elaine55 it is very poignant for me Elaine as my fondest memory of Paul has to do with red poppies
April 25th, 2014
@annied Annie I know how much the poppies meant to you both and I am so sorry for your loss. Whilst I was posting the photo the Anzac ceremony at Gallipoli was on TV and they were singing Amazing Grace which made me feel very emotional. My thoughts and prayers are with you today. x
April 25th, 2014
Love this photo and the funny and sweet narrative with it! You two made some beautiful memories together:)
April 25th, 2014

I know Keith also posted this but it has been one of my favorites of Paul's shot and the sentiment in his commentary seems so poignant today.
April 25th, 2014
May U rest in peace,Paul .
April 25th, 2014

Paul touched as many hearts and will be truly missed by many. RIP Paul
April 25th, 2014

Like Julie I didn't know Paul but he took great pictures and was clearly loved by many of you. I chose this because it is of a part of London I know well and that will not look the same in 5 years.
April 25th, 2014
I just went back through Paul's albums and this one jumped out at me. May you rest in peace Paul. Annie I know he is watching over you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Paul's family.
April 25th, 2014
@k1w1 thank you Christine - your friendship is of great comfort to me
April 25th, 2014
the pepper/capsicum - I think it brought our hearts together
April 25th, 2014

Thank you Annie @annied for this memorial. I still miss his wondeful comments and our chats in the evening over photography and how he try to improve my photos.
When ever I see a shed I will remember him and his photos.
R.I.P. Paul
April 25th, 2014
I remember many of his wonderful shots,but this was one of the first images,which made me his follower
Rest In Peace Paul!
April 26th, 2014
This was the first picture of Paul's that I saw. Then when I read that he put blush on an onion, well.......
April 26th, 2014
Such a beautiful shot and appropriate for sure...

April 26th, 2014
Looking through his project, there are so many wonderful pictures, so it's very hard to choose one. They are all beautiful and inspiring.

May 2nd, 2014
I didn´t know Paul but I was touched by his passing and your love story. I´m sorry that I found his beautiful pics only after his death and that I never get to know him, he seams to have been such a unique person, loved by so many.

I´m a little bit late with this one but for me it´s his b&w pics that touch me the most, I especially like this

May he rest in peace.
May 2nd, 2014
@susale lovely choice - one of the places he wanted to take me walking me thinks
May 2nd, 2014
@annied Oh Annie. I'm sure he thought of you while he shot this, hugs! All this must be really hard for you, being here when so many things here reminds you of him. I really loved his church pics and many of the other pics that I liked had already been chocen by others so I wanted to chooce this one as this spoke to me when I saw this, it felt special and it looks so peacefull.
May 9th, 2014
I know i´m showing off late, but i wanted to take the time which is needed when you walking down memory lane.. found so much smiles and fun along the way and that´s what will remain... along with his gorgeous photos.
@annied We are there for you.

April 24th, 2015
Lest we Forget - Forever in my heart
Write a Reply