Surprise party for Debs Stott

July 19th, 2014
So Debs has finished her thesis and is nearly ready to hand it in. She said she was going to have a365 party but hey surprise parties are better.... So look through your albums and find something to bring, cakes, drinks, balloons, presents, party food... I'll start the party with some cupcakes.

Well done Deb. Enjoy your party.

July 19th, 2014
@dibzgreasley Party time on 365
July 19th, 2014
Cheers,Debs!Congratulations on your achievement!
July 19th, 2014
@mzzhope Welcome to the party, thanks for providing bubbly. Have a lovely time!
July 19th, 2014
Well done Debs! Have some yummy strawberries for being a big girl!

July 19th, 2014
@creampuff Yummy summery addition. Cream anyone?
July 19th, 2014
Congrats!
July 19th, 2014
Well done Debs, how about some Sicilian lemon and orange sweet bread? (Made by my husband not me!)
July 19th, 2014
Or some peach and almond cheesecake muffins (made by me this time!)
July 19th, 2014
@randystreat @paulaw Thanks for bringing fireworks and cakes. Enjoy the party!!
July 19th, 2014
Oh! I have nothing to bring except a massive "Congratulations", a huge "Good Luck" and possibly her own Dancing Pumps of the 1st June which I still absolutely FAV.
July 19th, 2014
youre still v welcome at the party. @motherjane
July 19th, 2014
Congratulatioms!
At some point of the night at any party someone has to get naked, so with that in mind...

July 19th, 2014
@graemestevens glad to see the tone of the party is lowered already.....
July 19th, 2014
@newbank always a pleasure, never a chore. ;)
July 19th, 2014
Congratulations Debs, here are cupcakes from London

July 19th, 2014
@graemestevens LOL! "Love your work!! and yours too @newbank Brilliant idea!
What's a party without a creepy colourful clown . . ?
July 19th, 2014
@tabbycat Why thank you kind lady :)
July 19th, 2014
Can I gatecrash the party with some beer and pizza! Not very refined, but it is all I have!
July 19th, 2014
Obviously I have drunk too much of the beer as I can no longer punctuate a sentence correctly!
July 19th, 2014
Congratulations on getting your thesis done Deb. I brought a cup cake, its a big one to share
July 19th, 2014
more cake, no calories in it, lol
July 19th, 2014
and a drink
July 19th, 2014
Deb.....celebrate!!!!
This was a pastry wrapped Brie cheese with raspberry and walnuts...
July 19th, 2014
Some entertainment
July 20th, 2014
I'm bringing a fine malt whisky - cheers Debs... you're a star.

July 20th, 2014
I had JUST referenced this photo a minute ago, so... drinks are served!
Congratulations! Take a little time to relax with us!
July 20th, 2014
Congrats Debs, great achievement! I'll join you all in a drink :)
July 20th, 2014
I have to add that scrolling through all these, it's a marvelous array of food, drink and great entertainment (that runs the spectrum!) @newbank This is one heck of a party! What a perfect way to spend the weekend!
July 20th, 2014
Super big CHEERS to you my friend - congrats on such an accomplishment!! You must feel like a million bucks - way to go :)
July 20th, 2014
Congratulations!

July 20th, 2014
Congrats, Debs! Party time! :)
July 20th, 2014
How about some spicy shrimp pho!
July 20th, 2014
Congrats! I've got the balloons.
July 20th, 2014
Jo
An amazing achievement, congrats Debs. It's not a party if there's no chocolate, so here's my contribution:
July 20th, 2014
Fabulous party! congratulations indeed! More balloons!
July 20th, 2014
it's not a party without Skittles! congrats Debs!

July 20th, 2014

Congratulations! That's quite an achievement!
July 20th, 2014
@graemestevens haaaaaaa! :) it wouldn't be a party without you.
July 20th, 2014
@mzzhope LOL, couldn't help myself!
July 20th, 2014
@graemestevens hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
oh that has made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you made it :)
July 20th, 2014
Congrats Deb on your fabulous achievement!

July 20th, 2014
Someone - put down that glass and get these balloons up

July 20th, 2014
cheers - white or red and something for the party girls - cheers Debs and well done!

July 20th, 2014
@vega love a nice NZ Marlborough
July 20th, 2014
oh goody! i've been missing the "cake" threads ;p

congrats Debs...
July 20th, 2014
Congratulations Dr. Deb here is a parade in your honor!

July 20th, 2014
Wonder pup has arrived, in costume, to crash your party and help you celebrate your wonderful achievement (and eat as many of your goodies as possible). You are a Wonder Woman!

July 20th, 2014
No balloons no party
July 20th, 2014
I'll bring the alphabet spaghetti and try to spell out only nice things like:

Trying to find anything to bring and this is all I got. I don't do food photography. Really should try to more.
July 20th, 2014
My successful-defense-of-my-dissertation celebration involved a fair amount of alcohol consumption! :) I'm bringing enough to share! :) Congrats, Deb! All that hard work has paid off! :)

July 20th, 2014
Congratultions Debs! Didnt want to miss the party but had nothing to bring....so I've turned up fashionably late with some gatecrashers.....
July 20th, 2014
Is @graemestevens naked yet?
July 20th, 2014
@nookie72 probably....
July 20th, 2014
@newbank First of all, Ruth, you are such a star for thinking of and organising my party, what a very fine idea and the most perfect surprise when I woke up this morning!
THANK YOU,THANK YOU!

Now on to thank all the guests!
July 20th, 2014
How about this to add to your accomplishments?

http://365project.org/discuss/themes-competitions/23077/winner-mundane-challenge-chair

Wish you all the best, Debs! @dibzgreasley
July 20th, 2014
@dibzgreasley enjoy it....hope it's not too early....but I wanted to surprise you.
July 20th, 2014
@swilde @ethelperry @grammyn @genealogygenie
Balloons are essential for making it look festive and then for popping when everyone has too much drink later! Thank you for coming!
July 20th, 2014
@nookie72 Ooh so glad you bought some gatecrashers Nancy, they look fine!
Thank you for coming!
July 20th, 2014
@voiceprintz @annied @vega @bella_ss @Weezilou @vignouse @suebarni @ukandie1 @mzzhope
What a fabulous array of party refreshments -beer, wine, whiskey, cocktails, champers. Red wine and good malt whiskey will do me well, thank you, after the toast with some good champagne!
Thank you for coming!
July 20th, 2014
And a cake too....

July 20th, 2014
@gratefulness @teiko @stimuloog @suebarni @tabbycat
Superb entertainment provided by various acts.
Thank you for coming!
July 20th, 2014
@nanderson @homeschoolmom @espyetta @randystreat
Flowers, candles and fireworks. My word this is turning out to be a fabulous party!
Thank you for coming!
July 20th, 2014
@joeymc Definitely no party without chocolate!
Thank you for coming!
July 20th, 2014
@homeschoolmom @hippiechick13 @darylo @rangerxenos @suebarni @suebarni @paulaw @creampuff @newbank
Wonderful food for the party too.

After eating and drinking all of this I will be too embarrassed to get naked! @graemestevens Although I am still in my jammies!

Thank you for coming!
July 20th, 2014
@newbank Not too early at all, just the most touching thing anyone has done for me for a long while. Thank you again!
July 20th, 2014
@ikamera Awesome, I'm so pleased about the competition, and thanks for bringing cake to the party!
July 20th, 2014

Can't have a party without a good aul pint of the black stuff. Cheers and congrats!!!
July 20th, 2014
@dibzgreasley brilliant ha ha
July 20th, 2014
@amandal Haha, love that! Thanks for coming to the party!
July 20th, 2014
@annied I cannot believe that in a photographic community nobody brought a camera to the party - too beguiled by the food and drink and the idea of getting naked methinks!
July 20th, 2014
@dibzgreasley hahahaha that or maybe the cameras are permanently attached and we don't think twice lol
July 20th, 2014
@annied I'll go with Annie's excuse..... @dibzgreasley
July 20th, 2014
Woohoo @dibzgreasley! I do not have any party foods in my project but here's a big cheer for you:

YOU NAILED IT!!! Woohoooo!!!
July 20th, 2014
No cake, but a beer will do - CHEERS DEBS, now we can go photographing!!!!
July 20th, 2014
@nookie72 God, I hope not!
July 20th, 2014
WEll done!! :)
You can never have enough cupcakes at a party
July 20th, 2014
@altadc Hahaha, I did didn't I - thank you for your creative thinking and for coming to the party! Love the shot btw!
July 20th, 2014
@lynnilou A beer will certainly do, thanks. Yes now we can go out!
July 20th, 2014
@mummarazzii My thoughts exactly especially when the choice is so varied! Thanks Lisa.
July 20th, 2014
I'll bring the Smarties. Congratulations Debs!
July 20th, 2014

Let's get high and celebrate--Congrats and hugs!!! These are Colombian weeds ,btw.- hA!!:)
July 20th, 2014
more cake anyone ??

July 20th, 2014
Congrats Deb
July 20th, 2014
Be careful, it's magical punch!
July 20th, 2014
And some party Jello...
July 20th, 2014
July 20th, 2014
He may not always go to parties, but when he does, he always brings a guitar...
July 20th, 2014
Congrats almost-Dr. Debs on this momentous achievement!! I'm providing some entertainment:
July 20th, 2014

I am late as always! However I am sure that you won't turn away a lady with Edinburgh Gin on ice! Congratulations Debs. Parties can last longer than one day when there is such a celebration.
July 20th, 2014
@bellasmom hilarious!
July 20th, 2014
@dibzgreasley Sweet of you to thank all who responded!
July 21st, 2014
Party? Did someone say party? Count me in. I have some games!

Congrats @dibzgreasley Dr. Debs--That's quite an accomplishment.
July 21st, 2014
@grammyn Katy, I was so touched by it all that I wanted to!
July 21st, 2014
@grammyn @westerly45 @callymazoo @taffy @bellasmom
Welcome late comers to the party and thank you for coming and bringing food, drink and entertainment!
July 21st, 2014
@homeschoolmom @hippiechick13 @darylo @rangerxenos @suebarni @suebarni @paulaw @creampuff @newbank @joeymc @nanderson @homeschoolmom @espyetta @randystreat @voiceprintz @annied @vega @bella_ss @Weezilou @vignouse @suebarni @ukandie1 @mzzhope @gratefulness @teiko @stimuloog @suebarni @tabbycat @swilde @ethelperry @grammyn @genealogygenie @graemestevens @newbank @motherjane @vega @yzzilp @ikamera @nookie72 @northy @amandal @trishaclancy @mummarazzii @lynnilou @altadc @888rachel @joemuli @scolgs @grammyn @westerly45 @callymazoo @taffy @bellasmom

Wow, wow, what a fabulous surprise this was yesterday morning when I woke up. I really was so touched by everyone's response and words of congratulations. You are all magnificent and so supportive.

Now I wait for the examination process to complete, then I can graduate as "Dr Deb" as one of my friends calls me! I will be the first person in my family to have such a title.

So thank you all again for your wonderful contributions (some great shots here) and have a grand week!
July 21st, 2014
That is so awesome Dr Deb!What an incredible achievement!So glad you enjoyed your party!And we don't even have to clean up! :)
July 21st, 2014
*fingers still crossed during the examination period* Just so you know, you very much enjoyed the shot of bourbon (or two) I enjoyed on your behalf this evening! ;) Happy to take that one for the Dr. Deb team! ;)
July 21st, 2014
cheers :) glad you had fun
July 22nd, 2014
@mzzhope Thank you so much! Also, thanks for the follow!
Write a Reply