Song Challenge - Lucky 13!!! What makes you happy?

July 28th, 2014
Thanks to Kim @genealogygenie for hosting Song Challenge 12 and selecting my photo for the finals. And thank you to everyone who voted for my Too Much Fun photo for the song “Saturday in the Park” by Chicago.

This is my first time hosting a challenge, and I enjoyed listening to some great music while trying to select a song. It was hard to narrow it down, but I've selected the song "Happy" by Pharrell Williams because it is currently or recently at the top of many charts globally and is a song that can be interpreted in many ways regardless of location or season!

Your photographs must be taken within the challenge time frame to be considered as a finalist. Your image idea may be inspired by the title or any of the lyrics within the song. You may use any photographic technique you like (with or without editing).

Feel free to post your entries to this thread as inspiration for others and be sure to tag your entry. If you haven't joined in before, give it a try!

Song: Happy by Pharrell Williams
Tag: song-13
Challenge Dates: July 28 through Aug 8
Finalists Announced: Aug 9
Voting: 24 hours after finalists selected and posted
Winner Announced: August 10 (just ahead of my holiday!)

Link to music

Link to the lyrics for inspiration

I look forward to seeing what makes you happy! :) Good luck everyone! Looking forward to seeing your entries!

Here's how others have interpreted the song! :) song-13

~~JT

July 29th, 2014
My entry, at the time I was taking photos I didn't realize what the new song was, I must be psychic! (Or psychotic, take your pick!)

July 29th, 2014
Nothing makes me happier than helping Monarch butterflies by planting milkweed for the butterflies to lay eggs...and then raising the caterpillars to adulthood.I love sending off healthy butterflies !
July 29th, 2014
@rangerxenos
Dawn, this is fantastic! :) I love to see what makes you happy! :) Thank you for sharing! :)
July 29th, 2014
And how can you not feel happy to see a rainbow?
July 29th, 2014
@mzzhope
Hope, I keep looking for monarch caterpillars around here. I've seen milkweed but no 'pillars. It makes me worry. Like you, I've a deep sense of joy in seeing healthy butterflies. Thank you, so much, for sharing! :)
July 29th, 2014
@mzzhope
Hard to beat a rainbow! "Clap along if you know what happiness is to you!" :) I can see you know what happiness is to you! :)
July 29th, 2014
@mzzhope what a precious thing to do. awesome 😍😍
July 29th, 2014
This is what makes me happy

July 29th, 2014
@andreajoy There surely is a lot of happy going on in those shots! :) Fantastic! Thanks for sharing.
August 5th, 2014
This is making me happy and I don't even get to participate in this song challenge! :)

August 5th, 2014
I sat having a glass of wine at a friend's house before Sunday dinner when I noticed these lines. It made me happy to have my camera with me so I could capture the moment.

What makes you happy?
August 9th, 2014
Having two of my grandchildren visit makes me happy! And they were showing me their moves to the song Happy.
August 9th, 2014
@genealogygenie Thank you, Kim, for sharing! This would make me happy, too! :)
August 10th, 2014
This is Rose. She is in seventh heaven in this shot. Why? Because of that silly tennis ball in her mouth. Nothing makes her happier.
August 10th, 2014
@mbemis That's one happy dog! :) Thanks for sharing!
September 4th, 2014
@voiceprintz JT, I guess I missed the finalists and voting. Who was the winner?
September 7th, 2014
Goodness, I totally missed 2 song challenges. Don't know how that happened.
Write a Reply