Thrilled with SmugMug

July 28th, 2014
Just wanted to let you all know that I did go with a SmugMug account to post my photos. I actually obtained a domain name as well from GoDaddy (really cheap by the way) and a year of SmugMug is running me $16.00/month - not too shabby!

SmugMug was SUPER EASY to navigate through and their customer service is top notch. I needed a little help in pointing my domain name directly to my SmugMug and they got on it right away. I couldn't be happier. There are many templates to choose from, and you can try it out for free at first (which I did).

Soooo....if you've been on the fence, I'd say go for it! Oh, and Google "SmugMug coupon" before you pay - there's always a 20% off deal out there!

If anyone wants to take a look-see at my setup, please feel free:

www.photorandoms.com

July 28th, 2014
I've used SmugMug for over two years and LOVE them. I've never had any problems with clients receiving prints or making payments. I'm a happy customer too! :)
July 28th, 2014
@thomastoth Good to hear that! I think I'll be a long-time customer! would love to take a look at your site if you don't mind sharing ...
July 28th, 2014
Glad you're enjoying it! I've been with them for two years as well - always top customer service and you can change up your site to fit your need. I've recommended them to many people and all good feedback.
July 28th, 2014
My main site is not SmugMug driven:
http://www.thomasstudiophotography.com

But, I send clients there to make purchases. I usually fulfill through Miller Imaging, but for swim teams, sports teams and large group clients, I fulfill using Smug-Mug.
http://www.thomas-toth.com

Note that the SmugMug site is linked from the TSP site. If you click on Client Proofs from the main site, it takes you there.
July 29th, 2014
Hey thanks!!! Will definitely check it out!!! :)
July 29th, 2014
I also use smugmug think its great!
July 29th, 2014
Another very happy Smugmug customer here! I just love the amount of different templates that you can choose from :)

http://www.sarahodellphotography.com
July 29th, 2014
Jo
I have just gone with SmugMug too, and sold my first image yesterday....Yay
http://www.jowyethphotography.com/
July 29th, 2014
@thomastoth Your work is amazing - love your portrait work and I also like the fact that in the Smugmug account you can have passwords for certain galleries - I take lots of soccer pictures and this will be a good idea for the upcoming season for parents!
July 29th, 2014
@sjodell Great site, Sarah! Definitely need to put more pictures in there. Oh my, or maybe I'm just a picture horder - I think I have 7 pages of just birds in mine lol
July 29th, 2014
@jo13 Oh I've been on your site - I'm a HUGE fan of yours and I think I saw that your site was through SmugMug which drew me to it even more. I absolutely love your pictures and hope to one day take some like that!
July 29th, 2014
Jo
@not_left_handed How funny I was just looking through your shots as you where sending me a message! How on earth did you get that overhead shot of the blue jay, amazing and so wonderful to see all that feather colouring and detail! I'm so glad you have got your site up and running and thank you for your words of praise, it is all down to doing the 365 challenge and taking a shot a day.
July 29th, 2014
@jo13 My deck in the back yard is high off the ground - it's been fantastic for taking my bird shots - on the ground, in the trees, feeders, doesn't matter - perfect vantage point! They are one of my absolute favorite birds to photograph - so beautiful. I have so many on my computer but only put a few on the site lol
July 29th, 2014
@jo13 Looks great, Jo! Congrats on the sale! Always love opening my email to see another print has sold. ;)
July 29th, 2014
Jo
@kass I just deleted that last message as I have now found your website. The buyer contacted me privately as I don't have the buying facility set up on SMug yet as I just cant figure it all out!!
July 29th, 2014
@not_left_handed thank you so much for your kind words. :)
July 29th, 2014
@jo13 Right now, I don't have the buy option available. The last I checked, SmugMug didn't have a Canadian printer available therefore prints were too expensive. I'm still looking for the best site for me to sell in U.S. so I just keep the buy option off until I decide.

I do all my own printing - except for canvas/metal - so it has never been an issue for me. Plus, my buyers are mainly local - so easier for me to just print and ship on my own.

Just go to their FAQ - they have all the instructions there - I think even a video series.Or you can just send them a question. They respond very fast and can direct you.
July 29th, 2014
Good to hear more options, I'm starting a page as soon as I have the time to sit down and set it all up.. Maybe during the next decade or something ;)
July 29th, 2014
Pea
@jo13 Jo, your site looks awesome. Congrats on your first sale! I tried smugmug but didn't get on with it so am using Image File to fulfill instead. I would recommend them though - really easy to use. My site is http://www.pauladeegan.co.uk
July 30th, 2014
@not_left_handed I was advised by a pro once that it is a better idea to put your best 10-12ish photos in each category on your site rather than loads of shots as people will stop looking after the first few so I keep to that idea on my site, I leave my Facebook page to put loads of shots on!
July 30th, 2014
Jo
@kass I have turned my buying option off, I feel I would rather have control of the printing quality myself, so I will see how that goes for now.
July 30th, 2014
Jo
@deeganp What a fabulous sight Paula, your work really is beautiful. I had not heard of Image File, how annoying, are they UK based, do you get work printed with them, if so what is the quality like?
July 30th, 2014
Pea
@jo13 thanks a lot Jo! ☺ They're based in the UK the fulfilment part is great because it's SO flexible - there's a range of companies to choose from Photobox to Loxley Colour (although I've only used digital downloads so far so can't vouch for their quality). I pay £5 a month.
Write a Reply