2014: Amust-4-August

July 31st, 2014

Do you ever struggle with photo ideas for each day? If so, this is the challenge for you. Each day has a word assigned to it for you to use your imagination in capturing. Please feel free to join us, if you haven’t already. You can make it a challenge to get through the whole month, or come and go as you please.
Thank you to all who suggested words for 2014’s Amust-4-August.
Please note that the dates are just recommendations and you do not have to stick to them, you can use any of the 38 words in any order you like, if you wish to.

The tag for August will continue in the same format as before, First three letters or the month, the year and then ‘words’.

* So tag your photos with aug14words to see them all here: aug14words .

In total we had 184 words nominated and this is how I have compiled our list:
- First, I removed the words that were used in June and July.
- I then counted up the number of times that the words were nominated. I used all words with more than one nomination.
- Words without a date association were added randomly throughout the month.

The bonus words are: Birthday, Anniversary, Leo & Virgo (star signs) as well as Peridot, Sardonyx (birthstone) gladiola (birth flowers). So, here is our list for August (why they were chosen):

1. 360 degrees (View)
2. Street Scene
3. Sister (Sister’s Day)
4. 365 (find the three numbers)
5. Hot
6. Toes
7. Lighthouse
8. Butterfly
9. Book (Book Lover’s Day)
10. S'Mores
11. Clouds
12. Dog Days
13. Left (International Left Hander’s Day)
14. Earth
15. Relax
16. Wildflowers
17. Fire
18. Garden
19. Aviation
20. Angel
21. Kiss
22. Back to School
23. Marshmallow
24. Mountains
25. Peace
26. Picnic
27. Just Because (Just Because Day)
28. Romance
29. Shade
30. Watermelon
31. Trail Mix

I wish you all luck in your search to fulfill each day.
July 31st, 2014
This is a great list! :) I'm out of town, vacationing, from the 10-20th! I can't wait to see what I can see while I'm supposed to be resting and relaxing!
July 31st, 2014
What a fabulous set of words, thanks for including me Debra, didn't submit any this month
July 31st, 2014
Nice one, thanks again Debra!
July 31st, 2014
Oh boy! Marshmallows? and S'mores?! Definitely going to enjoy those days!!!
July 31st, 2014
One of the best word months so far!
July 31st, 2014
Thankyou Debra a great list to enjoy
July 31st, 2014
love this&thanks for the link&invite..this is my first challenge of any sort since w/365:)...I love the words chosen..definitely going to have fun w/this!!😀
July 31st, 2014
I've already posted my first one and am going to try and stick to one from the list each day…. my first attempt at a month-long challenge. Thanks for including me.
August 1st, 2014
Excited to see Leo and Virgo's elements on the list! =)
August 1st, 2014
I'm back in town, just barely - and think this list has a lot that looks very do-able. Thank you once again for keeping it going.
August 1st, 2014
Thanks for letting me know. I haven't done this yet and I sure do struggle to think of something new every day. Think I'll give it a try this month!
August 1st, 2014
For those of you (like me) who don't know what a "S'More" is, please click this link: S'Mores
August 1st, 2014
Tried to do a 360 degrees shot!
August 1st, 2014
Thank you for doing this, Debra.
August 1st, 2014
@678tabby Great shot June. I noticed that your photo didn't post with the rest of the monthly word photos. Looking at your tag, it looks like you missed the "s", it is plural. Just thought you might want to edit it.
August 1st, 2014
@bulldog Thanks for clearing that up Bulldog. I didn't realize that everyone didn't know...might be an American thing. I don't like them myself, but they do seem to be quite the craze here.
August 1st, 2014
@debrac Thanks for that Debra, I have edited the tag now!
August 2nd, 2014
Day three and I'm still on track. I know I will struggle with this challenge as I am surrounded by such tempting scenery and birds etc. However it will be a good learning experience to tackle such a great variety of subjects.
August 2nd, 2014
@bulldog Thanks bulldog - we don't have these here - I might have to use Mallow Puffs instead.
Write a Reply