Sharing Good News!

August 20th, 2014
Hello all. I have a celebration moment I'd like to share because without starting 365 January of 2013, I would not have pushed myself to go beyond my comfort zones and really focus on a medium I never really practiced before but now can't stop doing!

Last night, I won 1st place at my photographic society for an image I did here on 365 as part of a Get-Pushed Challenge (highly recommend for those looking to do something new that you might not have otherwise ever tried). This image last year was my most successful personally because I decided to work with the concept in an area one might not think as an obvious spot to take a photo for long exposure (my bathroom in pure darkness--setup is on top of a toilet!).

Here is the winning photo:

Also, I'm pleased that tomorrow I will be delivering 4 framed photographs for two juried (and year-long) exhibitions. This year, my second year on 365, I decided to go outside my comfort zones to do things I would never have imagined. I would like to encourage all people who see their talents in photography emerging and see if you can expose them publicly (at a photo club, with open exhibitions, and with any avenue you think might encourage you to learn new skills). Simply FRAMING a digital shot was a learning curve that was a bit awkward and sometimes hopeless, but I did it in the end with the help of great folks here and at local art stores!

Here are the photos that will go on display tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone who has played a part in supporting my passion for photography, and for those of you who suffer through my long narratives in many of my daily submissions. You are the best thing that ever happened to me--and I wanted to say it publicly! HOTDOG!

August 20th, 2014
Whoa that's awesome! I love your work and am pleased to see you're doing so well! :D Congratulations!!
August 20th, 2014
Excellent Daryl!
August 20th, 2014
Congratulations!!!
August 20th, 2014
Oh well done!!! These are excellent images and you must be very proud of yourself. Like you, I have learnt a lot from 365 but I've got a way to go to do anything like your first pic. However, I am going to have 3 of my images displayed at our Camera Club Exhibition in November so I'm really pleased about that. It is all very encouraging and perhaps I should have a go at some of the challenges!
August 20th, 2014
Congratulations. Very well deserved. Your images are inspiring and so is your story. Thank you.
August 20th, 2014
Well done! Your images are fabulous!
August 20th, 2014
Really, really pleased for you. You will have inspired many of us by sharing your story, so Many Thanks - good luck!
August 20th, 2014
Wohoooooo! Congrats, Daryl! Such awesome news!
August 20th, 2014
Oooooooooh! Very well done! I wish that I was as clever as you.
August 20th, 2014
Such great news, Daryl...all such beautiful and deserving of recognition work. Hope the competitions go well!
August 20th, 2014
This is just fabulous, Daryl! And so well deserved. Love that winning shot (and REALLY impressed at your creativity in planning it!) and those 4 that will be on exhibit show such a variety of talent. You must be floating high today! Congratulations!
August 20th, 2014
Wow - that's awesome news, Daryl! Congratulations!
August 20th, 2014
wow Daryl Congratulations, and thanks sharing this with us. Gives courage to go on.
August 20th, 2014
@darylo thanks Daryl. this is very inspiring and well done!!
August 20th, 2014
Daryl, this is wonderful news -- I remember the apple photo so well as it was one that I had as an instant fav. The four you are submitting reflect your range of talent. Congrats!
August 20th, 2014
Wonderful and well earned.
August 20th, 2014
Awesome news!
August 20th, 2014
wonderful news and great shots, daryl! awesome!!!
August 20th, 2014
Oh, fabulous news! Congratulations!
August 20th, 2014
All of these are wonderful! Congratulations, Daryl!
August 20th, 2014
Yay Daryl...super big congrats...brilliant pics! :). I always liked the get pushed one!
August 20th, 2014
That is GREAT news! Congratulations!
August 20th, 2014
Yay---High 5 Daryl Congrats !:)
August 20th, 2014
Well done Daryl! I loved that Apple shot when I first saw it! How wonderful to win with that shot! You are doing so well with your photography - congratulations! I love your work and especially reading your great stories!
August 20th, 2014
Great news, Daryl! Congratulations!
August 20th, 2014
Super fotos. I tend to the long narrative too. Get-pushed is so interesting for me. Sometimes I get more out of them then I would have expected. And the mentoring has so raised the level of my game. I did look for a photography club but alas the one in our town has died out. There is a photography class I might sign up for strictly to meet some other photographers. They had it this summer and I am hoping they will repeat in the fall. Conversing with others struggling along is so fulfilling. Congrats on the win and those other photos will probably do the same.
August 20th, 2014
Many congratulations to you! Well deserved - what fantastic photos!
August 20th, 2014
Congratulations! Well deserved recognition
August 21st, 2014
Congratulations, Daryl! That is fantastic! More power to ya! :)
August 21st, 2014
Congratulations, Daryl. You are an inspiration! I love your selection of shots for exhibit.
August 21st, 2014
Love it. Great work :)
August 21st, 2014
Cool, thank you for sharing and best wishes!!
August 21st, 2014
Wow, these are fantastic, Daryl! And congratulations on receiving first place for an amazing photo. I'm so happy for you! Hip hip hooray!
August 21st, 2014
Congratulations!! Great photos and deserving of the accolades! I can echo your journey as I joined a local photography club after being encouraged by the good folks here and am slowly gaining recognition there. You'll have to post a shot of your photos on exhibition once they are up and hanging! Best wishes!!
August 21st, 2014
Congratulations! How fun to see these photos again, and good luck on this new journey.
August 21st, 2014
Many congratulations Daryl. You are very worthy of your success, and HOTDOG indeed!!
August 21st, 2014
MB
Such exciting news!! Congratulations!
August 21st, 2014
Oh wow!!! Congrats!!!!
August 21st, 2014
HEW
fantastic and thanks for sharing your story, its very inspiring
August 21st, 2014
Congrtulations!
August 21st, 2014
Fabulous!
Congratulations!
August 21st, 2014
Huge Congratulations Daryl - you go girl!! Hope all is good with you! : ) x
August 21st, 2014
Those shots - particularly the first two - are incredible!!
August 21st, 2014
Jo
Wow great news Daryl and congratulations, they are all amazing shots.
August 21st, 2014
How fabulous, well done and congratulations
August 21st, 2014
Congratulations!! Glad I clicked on your message. Such wonderful news. Good luck with the 4 submissions.
August 21st, 2014
Awesome shots
August 21st, 2014
How exciting, Daryl! Congratulations! You are very talented!!
August 21st, 2014
Congrats to you Daryl! Very nice work!
August 21st, 2014
Congratulations Daryl ..... great news :)
August 22nd, 2014
Well Daryl, I'm so pleased for you, this is wonderful news and well deserved IMHO. Thanks for sharing your news which I hope will encourage others to pluck up their courage and push their boundaries too.
August 22nd, 2014
Congratulations, wonderful shots!
August 22nd, 2014
Well done and congratulations.
August 22nd, 2014
congratulations!
August 22nd, 2014
Congratulations, Daryl! Thank thanks for the encouragement to go outside of our comfort zone. Good advice; now I'm just got to do it.
August 23rd, 2014
Beautiful photos, Daryl. Thanks for introducing me to 365!
August 23rd, 2014
Congrats and well done! These are all great shots! Looking forward to seeing more.
August 24th, 2014
@nikiatl yay!:)
Write a Reply