Album Cover Challenge 35!

August 22nd, 2014
April16 posted August 21st, 2014 (reply @april16)

First, a big thank you to Marla @mhuntphotography for hosting Album Cover Challenge 34, and thank you to the voters who selected my Somebody Moved the Ends Album cover. I'm very excited to host Album Cover Challenge 35. Please think about submitting – it’s great fun, whether you know anything about music or design! Here's how it works:

1. Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia hit "random article" on the top left hand side (it's a link near the top). The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your musician(s) or band.

2. Go to http://www.quotationspage.com Hit "random quotes" on the left. Scroll down to the end of the page. The last 4-6 words of the very last quote on the page is the title of your album.

3. Next, find or take a photo of yours that fits the album name and artist(s). (Remember album covers are usually square.)

4. Then, use your favorite editing program to create your cover (or, if you don't have one, Ace members have free access to picmonkey.com -- and there are many other free programs out there). You can use any image of yours for the album, old or new, but you must use your own images and do all processing for the cover during the time frame of the challenge.

5. Enter your album(s) in the challenge by tagging it with “albumcoverchallenge35”

In addition to tagging your image, consider posting your album to this thread too. It helps keep this thread alive – that means it will show up on the discussion lists to the right of the home page. It also helps us bring in a lot of participants!

To post a photo on this thread:
1) Go to your page that has the photo you would like to post.
2) Click on the three dots just below the bottom right of your picture. Find the 'Embed Code' box and right click on it to copy it then paste it in this thread.

The challenge begins Friday, August 22, 2014 and ends Tuesday, September 2, 2014 at 9 pm Eastern Daylight Time (New York). All entries must be between those dates. If you have any questions or need help getting started, just let me know by posting to this thread. I look forward to seeing your entries AND hope that we have many first-time submitters!

August 22nd, 2014
hahaha. Can't believe what I pulled. Let's see what I can figure out!!
August 22nd, 2014

August 22nd, 2014
@cindyloo Great entry! Very creative!
August 22nd, 2014
@april16 Thanks, April! :)
August 22nd, 2014
artist = Sönam Choklang ( a Tibetan Lama)

quote = Order is not pressure which is imposed on society from without, but an equilibrium which is set up from within.

Jose Ortega y Gasset (1883 - 1955)

August 22nd, 2014
Ooh, might have to try this. I got Ben Roberts - He has never known fear. That actually sounds like an album! :D
August 23rd, 2014
@kali66 @tande Thank you for joining the challenge! Great quotes! It will be interesting to see what everyone comes up with!

August 23rd, 2014
@cindyloo You're welcome, Cindy! Thank you for joining the challenge!
August 26th, 2014
Random Wikipedia Article = Name of the Band = Highway 4

Random quotationspage.com last 4-6 words = Title of the Album = Worry Never Fixes Anything
(Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. if something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything. Mary Hemingway)

We had such a nice time shooting these photos!! Here is the final cut. Ha ha.

August 26th, 2014
@cindyloo Tough pull on those!! Great album cover. Wow!
August 26th, 2014
@kt8ird Awww, thanks, Kate!!!!!! :) Is that your daughter?? She's beautiful!!! I played cello in school. Good for her!!! Keep on practicing! :) LOVE the cover!!
August 26th, 2014
@kt8ird Great album cover--very creative! Lovely photo! You have a very beautiful daughter! Thank you for joining in on Album Cover Challenge 35!
August 31st, 2014
@cindyloo Yes it is. She is a mini-me but sweeter! I just read your comment to her and she had a little twinkle in her eye when I read your "keep on practicing!" She does enjoy playing quite a bit!
August 31st, 2014
@april16 Thank you April! We had so much fun putting this together. :)
September 3rd, 2014
The competition is closed.*********
Write a Reply