Exif data missing

August 30th, 2014
Hi,
Does anybody know why I am losing my exif data. The majority of my shots are sooc, therefore uploaded from camera into windows photo viewer. The exif data is all there, but when uploaded to 365 is no longer available to view. One curious thing I have noticed is that when I go into view in Windows Photo Viewer it logs a modified time which is before the time it was created. This appears to have been happening for the last 7/10 days. Have checked the camera time and computer time and these are find and also run a scan on the computer, this too appears fine.

Any help would be appreciated.
August 30th, 2014
How are you exporting to 365? It usually is at that step and you need to make sure your settings include the metadata. @abirkill often knows what you need to do, but sometimes, if you are emailing it to 365, your settings may be off for the export.
August 30th, 2014
@darylo I usually upload straight to 365 and usually no problems. I will check now. Thank you.
August 30th, 2014
@ziggy77

Jo, I've noticed that my EXIF data is also missing now. Have checked back and find it started just over a week ago. I've done nothing different in the way I've uploaded my shots..............
August 30th, 2014
and i was blaming ribbet! noticed that also since a week ago.
August 30th, 2014
mine is missing too and I normally upload with full exif
August 30th, 2014
@quietpurplehaze @summerfield @shannejw no I am not aware I have changed anything either.
August 30th, 2014
If I have processed only in Picasa then my exif is missing. Pictures that I have processed in Lightroom or Photoshop have full exif details. I have not changed anything in how I save or upload my pictures.
August 30th, 2014
@salza thanks Sally, my exif is missing on shots that have had no post processing just uploaded from camera into viewer and then uploaded to my project.
August 30th, 2014
Hi guys, I upgraded a server last week and it looks like there has been an issue saving Exif data, I have fixed it and will go back over the recent photos and update their exif data, it might take a while but they will all get fixed.
August 30th, 2014
@Scrivna Ok, thanks for checking, I was concerned I had a problem with my computer.
August 30th, 2014
@Scrivna - thank you, ross! you're the best!
Write a Reply