Dilemma canon sx50 or nikon p600

September 2nd, 2014
So undecided on weather to go for the canon sx50 or the nikon p600
I had the canon sx50 on my wish list but having dropped my nikon p510 (which I loved using over the weekend and have lots of spare batterys )
I'm now wondering do I replace it with the nikon p600 as it seems better in so many ways than the canon sx50. The main reason I was going for the canon as it has raw whereas the nikon doesn't.
Look forward to hearing your views as I'm swaying more for the nikon at the moment but I do love canon as that's what my dslr are but the nikon bridge just seems as much better than then canon, the only advantage with the canon is raw?
September 2nd, 2014
i use a canon sx50 I love the zoom, as well as the RAW, its very versatile
I don't know anything about the nikon p600 though
September 2nd, 2014
Hmmm. Tough. And I don't mean to complicate things, but perhaps research the Fujifilm line. It appears that you are looking for a 'bridge' camera, with RAW. If that is correct, maybe you should check out the X-M1 or X-A1. They are interchangeable lens systems (ok, so it doesn't meet your desire), and are fairly inexpensive right now, almost comparable to what you are currently considering. This would give you some flexibility in the future. They are nice cameras, the Jpegs are great (if you don't want to spend time editing) and they also have RAW.

Otherwise, I would stick with the Nikon, if you already have batteries and such. Unless money is not a problem.

Disclosure:
Admittedly I'm no camera expert. But I have been a long time Nikon user (often thinking of switching to Canon), who has recently picked up a fuji (due to price and portability). It has been my main walk around camera for awhile now. And since my Nikon is being serviced, has become my go to camera by default. I'm no professional (obviously), but since using the Fuji full time, I will probably just sell my Nikon. Sure, the Nikon is better in alot of ways. But again, I'm no professional. And the fuji fits my need perfectly.

I'm sure there are tons of camera junkies who can give you excellent thoughts.
September 2nd, 2014
@frankhymus Hope you don't mind me asking... What are you views and opinions please?
September 2nd, 2014
@kali66 @stillcrappysailor thank you both for your replies very much appreciated
September 2nd, 2014
oh and the other thing that is fantastic about the canon sx50 is the fold out screen, I use it loads in all kinds of situations, eg. when I dont want people to know I am looking through the camera, or doing selfies, and just in odd low or tricky places :)
September 2nd, 2014
@bizziebeeme I really have no experience with either camera, sorry. Since I do run practically every image I shoot through an editor, the Canon shooting RAW would be my choice, just looking at the specs on paper. Good luck and thanks for asking.
Write a Reply