Picmonkey - new ace member

September 14th, 2014
@motherjane and I have both been cogitating how to edit using Picmonkey as an Ace member.
I have used it on the internet as a free download but you are limited and cannot even crop. However I joined as Ace to use it here but
A) I cannot find it and
B) only uploaded photos on your project seem to let you edit; but if they are already on the site for all to see it seems to defeat the object of editing. I then thought I would play with one that is already online to crop to remove the washing line behind my pine cones but it put the original picture back on my project.
What I am I missing? How do I use pic monkey to prepare the photo before it is open to the public on my project? Thanks
September 14th, 2014
change the privacy setting when you upload it. Edit it, then be sure to save it at the top in picmonkey. It will ask you if you really want to replace the picture.. say yes and the edited shot is now on 365. Change the privacy setting back to public and you're good to go. If you're not sure you want to use a photo in 365 but want to use premium picmonkey edits, upload it to an old date and do your edits. Then once back in 365, click on the link that brings up all sizes that can be viewed and copy and paste the "original" The original is actually the picmonkey edited version. Save it to your hard drive and then you can delete the photo from 365 and still have the edited version to use however you want.
September 14th, 2014
@jsw0109 Thank you Jeff. I shall give it a go. I only have a choice of public or restricted friends. I presume the latter is private or is that my followers?
September 14th, 2014
@callymazoo Hey :) as far as I know you can go to your list of followers and choose whether they should see all pics or restricted ones too. If you select no one for restricted they are completely private :)
September 14th, 2014
I use it on line. I can crop on line and I only use the free version.
September 15th, 2014
I use Picasa. It's a free download and it does lots of things, including cropping and sharpening.
November 3rd, 2014
I have the same problem as @callymazoo above:
New ACE member, I want to use PicMonkey.
I can find absolutely NO link to it on 365project.org. I have not tried to upload a photo yet, and there very well may be a link there- but that sure is an ass-backwards way of providing access to a feature that was promised in becoming an ACE member!
The "solution" given by @jsw0109 may work...but what the hell kind of Rube Goldberg-solution is that?
I was expecting to be provided PicMonkey "Royale" access, either on the PicMonkey site or via a link through 365project.org.
It ought to be as simple as signing in to PicMonkey with the same email address & password as I use on 365project.org.

Why is this not seen as unacceptable to other ACE members as it is to myself?

I became an ACE member for perhaps a 15% altruistic reason, but primarily, 85% of my reason for upgrading to ACE was access to PicMonkey's FULL abilities.

I ought to be able to have access to PicMonkey just as easily as a Google Chrome Application Shortcut on my desktop & be able to edit ANY of my photos using PicMonkey, whether it be a photo I have selected for 365 or not.

This is what I expected, and my expectation is not absurd.

365 Project's promoting of PicMonkey as a benefit of ACE membership, then a complete lack of ease in accessing this "benefit" is absurd.

I don't "need" PicMonkey- I have a host of other imaging software solutions at my disposal: Corel PaintShop Photo Pro, Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, Picasa & a number of other lesser options. But I love to try out new imaging applications in the hope that I will discover some new effect.

I expected that in this case...and have been sorely disappointed.
November 3rd, 2014
@jrambo001 john, if you upload a photo on 365 as someone suggested, then go to the rhs where exif etc iIs there is a button for Pic Monkey. Edit here then put the date on that you want. It works and is easy. I too joined for a variety of reasons and don't always use the pic monkey but there are other benefits- as you say altruistic- and it is a personal choice whether to become an ace member. I took a while but am enjoying it. I hope that you do too.
December 26th, 2014
@callymazoo Cally, i've tried what you suggested but i don't see a button for PicMonkey or any extra buttons that show i'm an Ace member. Could it be that it needs to be downloaded & i somehow missed that step? if so how do i go back & download it? I'm a new member, just today & want to take advantage of all help i can get. Thank you!
December 26th, 2014
@bobbiegail if you have paid to become an member it will say ace next to your name. Perhaps you need to allow a couple of days for the information to register as it is Christmas holiday. Once you are ace then look at the photo details on the right when your picture is on the screen. In that list of exif etc it says edit phot with pic monkey. Click on that and away you go. If it does not say ace next to your name then you are not yet. Good luck.
Write a Reply