Show me your favourite colllage this month

September 17th, 2014
Tell us about it, what inspired it, what software you used, and why? Here's mine, taken at the annual Maritime Heritage festival on the River Deben at Woodbridge (Suffolk, UK). I spent about fifteen minutes deciding what to shoot and taking them, and half an hour to process them to this final form but I thought it was time well spent.

I used Picasa for this. It's my favourite editing software because (a) it's available free from Google and (b) because it allows absolutely free-form hands-on editing without having to conform to rows and columns of predetermined size and shape.

September 17th, 2014

My little cousins were being cute. :3
September 17th, 2014
I was pleased with this one as it took quite a while to fully formulate the idea and then to set about trying to capture it in a satisfactory way. I used lightroom to edit each photo and then made them into a collage using picmonkey.

September 17th, 2014

I have only done a few collages but this is my favourite because I had a lot of views and comments on it. The photos were taken in the hospital gardens whilst I was visiting my Hubby. I think all the blues make it a peaceful scene. I use Ribbit free download and find it very easy to use as I am not too good with computers or cameras but I am learning slowly.
September 17th, 2014
I've kinda got 2 favs:
The first one I did with Picture Collage Maker on my Mac and I like it because the circle theme really comes across well

My second and favourite is my Zebra Portraits which I did using BeFunky collage maker online
September 17th, 2014
These are all great. I have 2 this month my birthday celebration and a trip to the 9/11 Memorial in New York:

September 17th, 2014
Thanks everybody for a great selection of collages showing different approaches and some insight into the methodology and software used ( @hasselhotch @wendyfrost @dibzgreasley ). It's very useful to know how others achieve their effects.

I use collages extensively as I feel that they can tell the story better than a series of separate pictures ... but as a journalist I would say that wouldn't I?

Thanks again. and please keep 'em coming!
September 17th, 2014
I only have one this month but chose a collage in this instance for the story it would tell. I use a free package called Picture Collage Maker Lite and I like the results to date although exploring other packages would be interesting so thanks for the thread Arthur.
September 17th, 2014
Lovely collage Arthur!
I don't do many collages but I did one this month. I use PS to make them.
September 17th, 2014
@paulaw . . . Thank you Paula, yours certainly shows several aspects of the story to enhance the meaning of the main shot, as does yours, Lesley @kiwichick - two more good examples of the value of collages - as long as they don't contain too many shots, too small to appreciate. I personally feel that about five or six are fine, but of course it depends on the subject matter and there are exceptions in all things.
September 17th, 2014
@wordpixman I would agree about the number of pics Arthur, although i fear it is mainly because my eyesight is definitely not what it was!
September 17th, 2014
@paulaw ... Me too, Paula! Thanks for mentioning that.
September 17th, 2014
I'd been meaning to post this since last weekend and the thread finally prompted me to upload it. Fun thread!
September 17th, 2014
This was for the artist challenge. Collage was made on pic monkey.
September 17th, 2014
September 17th, 2014
September 17th, 2014
September 17th, 2014
I've been here couple months, three collages during that time and all of them this month! :D I think my favourite is this sunset collage, I couldn't decide which edit to use so I used them all!

I do love my moon collage as well, but you asked for a favourite and it's this. Maybe. Might feel different tomorrow! :D
September 17th, 2014
Great collages people! I haven't done one since forever (or the World Cup final) but enjoyed looking at yours :)
September 17th, 2014
My fur babies!
September 17th, 2014
I used pickmonkey:

September 17th, 2014
I loved the bees on the mint plants in my garden. Naturally I took far too many photos and loved lots of them, so I put a few into a collage in Lightroom then added the text in Photoshop.
September 17th, 2014
This is another of my recent collages, also with Picasa but this time just two simple images laid on a plain colour background instead of a background image.

The copyright tag is a bit out of alignment because I am not very good at rotating text. That's something I shall have t look at more closely next time but it's fun trying new ideas.
September 18th, 2014
I rarely do collages... Did a couple recently and this one is my personal fav... Photos were processed from raw in Lightroom and then put into collage in Photoshop.. I used to use Picasso for collages and it worked well, but the software annoyed me for other reasons and I haven't bothered loading it since I got the Mac... Photoshop is not particularly optimal for simple collages (unless I've missed some functionality somewhere) but I'm able to make it work without too much hassle...

September 18th, 2014
I also rarely do collage and just so happened to do this one yesterday. The photos are all sooc but put together using picmonkey .

Write a Reply