Downloading my own shots from 365

September 17th, 2014
I need to create a folder of all the shots I have uploaded so far to 365 and keep them on my laptop. I should have been doing this from day 1. To sort all these shots now would take a long time as they are in so many different folders on my laptop. Can anyone tell me if there is a way of doing a mass download of all of my 365 album back to my laptop please?
September 18th, 2014
You would have to do them individually AND you will only be getting low resolution shots because the site resizes them. Spend the time going though your shots to find the ones you want and also use the opportunity to put other photos into appropriate folders
September 18th, 2014
@swilde Thank you. I thought this may be the case but I was just being lazy. A good sort is on the cards I think.
September 18th, 2014
I have meant to do this from the start too and never got round to it. I think I shall set aside a USB thingy just for these.
September 18th, 2014
@callymazoo Lol. Love the technical term.
September 18th, 2014
Shouldn't you already have the originals on your pc? Which are of a much higher resolution.
September 18th, 2014
The only problem is you will be getting low res shots. I found that out the hard way, but fortunately saved most of my original photos in file folders.
September 18th, 2014
I had the same problem, in July (when I was at about picture 270) I had the idea to download my pictures and put them in a photobook, I've done all individually - as the others said sadly they have low res but it was okay to have it printed :)
September 18th, 2014
@macromover too late for you now but I also have a Flickr account and upload all my 365 Project photos to an album within that. Flickr does not do any processing of your images so these copies are exactly as I did them.
September 18th, 2014
@amfrumbiddivurd Yes I do Andy, just a mammoth job to find and sort them all. Thought I could cut corners.
@callymazoo I should have saved them all in a separate folder Cally @cimes1 Luckily I have all my originals still
@justaspark Thanks for the advice. I still have the originals so when I do a photo book I can use those.
@smalbon I do use Picasa which is great for sorting all my shots. I can star particular shots and then locate all stared shots. I just haven't been doing it till now. Thanks for the advice and posting.
September 18th, 2014
If you're an Ace member you should be able to access the original size photos you uploaded via the 'View All Sizes' link on each photo. (I think you need to scroll down to find the original size link).
September 18th, 2014
@abirkill Thank you for that info as I did not keep some of the shots I uploaded to 365 and was getting very annoyed with myself and woohoo came to your comment yippee happy now I'll now be busy the next few hours :-)
September 18th, 2014
@abirkill Thank you. That is really useful to know.
September 19th, 2014
So this won't help your current situation but may be of use in the future ... the way I organise my photos, because I edit my images in LR and they have to be exported, I just have a 365 export folder that everything gets exported to, and uploaded from. I haven't thought about doing anything exciting with them all (like make a book once I've hit 365) but if I do it should be a fairly straightforward exercise for the most part.
September 19th, 2014
@abirkill Sounds great Alexis, I did what you said went to View all sizes link, then to original size, right click to copy then went to my folder and tried to paste and it didn't work. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?
September 20th, 2014
@abirkill @radiogirl Alexis, thanks so much. I learned something. What I did (there may certainly be an easier way) is to paste the longer string of link info into an email to myself. Then click on the link I find in the email when I've received it. It takes me to a view image page (like view on black) where I can right-mouse click and choose save image as. I did that with the "original" size and the "main" size and compared the files. The "original" is indeed the same file size as the original I just uploaded, and the "main" is significantly smaller. Thanks so much. Please let me know if I'm taking a very long way around. Right now I don't need to do this, as I have all my photos saved on my computer (though, like many, not as organized as I want -- my "365 folder also has lots of the photos I worked on to get the final image. I need a folder only for final cut upload photos.)
September 20th, 2014
@mcsiegle @radiogirl I think you should be able to paste the link info directly into your web browser's address bar, hit enter to load the image, then right click and choose save as to save it to disk, but I'm not an Ace member so I can't try it myself!
September 20th, 2014
@abirkill @radiogirl Ah, geez. I just answered my own question. Inquiring minds....I went back to the "sizes" and just copied the shorter url info into my browser and bingo, it took me to the same place I went to via a link in my email. Sheesh! Good thing I didn't need to do that and waste lots of time doing it the long way! Again, thanks.
September 20th, 2014
@abirkill I guess as I was typing my last bit, at the very same time you were busy typing yours. So we each independently came to the same conclusion. Yes, it works as you speculated. Thanks, again. Much appreciated.
Write a Reply