Entering Contests

September 18th, 2014
Have considered entering a few contests. One you submit your photo on to their Facebook page. I would of course sign my photo but I am finding myself very hesitant to just put my photo on Facebook. Any thoughts,any experiences? I know I will never win if I do not try but maybe there are better - safer - contests to try. Or maybe I am just being silly because it is new to me and that posting them onto the Facebook page is no big deal. And around I go lol! Appreciate any feedback - Thanks!
September 18th, 2014
Every Facebook contest that I've entered, has ended up with my photos being stolen. Even found some being used for promotional uses not even related. May just be my bad luck tho lol
September 18th, 2014
Read the "fine print" closely. It seems a lot of these "contests" take all your rights of the image so they can use it for whatever they want and not pay you.
September 18th, 2014
Submiitted a photo to the local paper "Express and Star" won a £100 i,m not sure who was more surprised didn,t expect it to be published
September 18th, 2014
I would be hesitant on fb. That being said though, a gentleman who runs his own photography business but is also a member here, held a contest on fb and that one I felt was trustworthy. Use your best judgment. If you're hesitant there's probably a good reason.
September 19th, 2014
@etchasketch1 @chapjohn @leighton22 @olivetreeann Thank you very much for your feedback! It is being sponsored by a reputable company but I think I am going to hold off and go with some of the other recommended ones! Thanks again!
Write a Reply