Cambridgeshire photographers

September 21st, 2014
Hello!
Just wondering if anyone else is around Cambridge/Ely UK?
I'm always looking for interesting locations to take my camera, such as Anglesey abbey, wicken fen, Ely cathedral and Wimpole. Do you know of any other interesting places to visit or know of any photography clubs in the area?
September 21st, 2014
@emblegemble hi Emma, depending on how far you are keen to travel, the village of Ashwell in Herts has interesting architecture, the springs, very old church, museum and generally picturesque. It's only about 15 to 20 mins further on from Wimpole. I live at Steeple Morden and happy to give you the listed walk leaflet and point you in the right direction. It takes me about 50 mins to drive to Ely.
September 21st, 2014
@jennywren Somewhat excited that you mentioned Ashwell as I grew up there (I live in Chicago now). Next time I am back in the UK, I will definitely take a trip there with my camera. My family now live in Norfolk, but I have an aunt in Hinxworth and some friends still in Ashwell. Sorry Emma, not much help to you, just excited to see the village that was my home for the first 18 years of my life mentioned.
September 22nd, 2014
Anglesey Gardens or treat yourself and hop on a train for a day London. Loads of shots there.
September 22nd, 2014
Hi Emma. Cambridge itself is amazing in terms of architecture and people shots, as well as many local villages with beautiful/interesting buildings and scenes. Bottisham is a good example. Saffron Walden and the area is very beautiful too. Depends what you are looking to photograph. For scenery there is Milton Wildlife Park, Wandlebury, Gog Magog Down, Devil's Dyke, Roman Roads to name just a few. A little further afield my personal favourite for scenery is Sandy RSPB reserve, just the far side of Potton. Hope this helps!
September 22nd, 2014
There are quite a number of us from Cambridgeshire on this site, and I post lots of photos taken around Cambridge, Ely and various villages, often in Suffolk. I also have membership of the Botanical Gardens in Cambridge, which change constantly through the seasons. Cambridge's photographic society has a waiting list, and isn't easy to join - not sure about others, but it depends where you live.
Write a Reply