Look up from your phone, shut down that display...

October 21st, 2014
Most of you have probably seen this but I think I need to watch it once a week. When you're feeling bad that you haven't been back to reciprocate every comment... don't.

Take a moment and watch if you haven't

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=725424877503691
October 22nd, 2014
Very clever, and it's the truth!
October 22nd, 2014
@tomtom A lot of people have looked at this but only you have commented. I wonder if anyone else agrees.
October 22nd, 2014
excellent message - I am grabbing my camera and walking outside
October 22nd, 2014
@annied Me too Annie :D
October 22nd, 2014
Very powerful and so very true.
October 22nd, 2014
Just when I have been given an honorary Gen Y membership, this comes along!!! Balance is the key - in manoy aspects of life. thanks for posting @bella_ss
October 22nd, 2014
This is so true, thank you for posting it here.
October 22nd, 2014
@dibzgreasley @ethelperry @marenh Thanks ladies, I'm glad there are a few of us that agree... some of my grandkids spend far too much time with a device in their hand.
October 22nd, 2014
@bella_ss The irony for me is that these very grandchildren have taught me the technology I need so that I could launch my self into the things that specifically interest me.
October 22nd, 2014
@ethelperry I can believe that Ethel, it is all second nature to them. As you said, balance is the key.
October 22nd, 2014
@bella_ss EVERYONE spends far too much time on technology nowadays, which is very sad, I think. I am guilty too! But, thankful for skype and cellphones with instant messaging allowing me to SEE and hear my children from overseas!
October 22nd, 2014
Very clever! I agree too. Extremes are never good. However, when I'm stuck in the overcrowded metro I am so glad I have my phone to play a game and make time fly. But then I am guilty too, because I really don't pay attention to people around. This being said, I'm gonna shut my laptop and spend some time with my daughter :-D
October 22nd, 2014
Great video. I so agree. That's the reason why I went without a phone for 4 months earlier this year and do not use WhatsApp or any other social networks. I just had a friend over and we didn't use our phones, we still go outside in our lunch breaks and talk and I sometimes meet with some friends to poker evenings. Real poker, not online ;) Yes, there are teenagers like that existing, and I'm not saying I'm not guilty of using technology - I also use it way too much e.g. when I'm alone but I DO know how to have real fun too. Technology is not bad. You only have to learn how to use it for your own good. For example you can arrange a meeting with friends over it. ^^
Okay, my rambling is over. Sorry :D
Btw I'm 13 years old.
Write a Reply