Abandoned places

October 29th, 2014
The following links take you to two sets of photos of abandoned places. Fascinating, eerie, unexpected and interesting, an unusual view of our world.

http://news.distractify.com/dark/science/abandon-places/

http://news.distractify.com/culture/arts/the-most-spectacular-abandoned-places-in-the-world/

Ian
October 29th, 2014
Very cool - except for that one in Virginia - I think I would have high tailed it out of there
October 29th, 2014
They would be fantastic to photograph!
October 29th, 2014
Sadly some of these are no longer there (domino sugar factory in NY is the first that comes to mind).

I think there are at least 3 of these in my current 365 album.

Thanks for the links. I will have to visit some more.
October 29th, 2014
These are cool. Thanks for sharing! :)
October 29th, 2014
@not_left_handed

Looking again at that shot I can understand why you feel like that!

Ian
October 29th, 2014
@bella_ss

There are some amazing places shown here and as you say some amazing photo opportunities - the only one I've been near is the circular railway in Paris, and I've walked along a disused railway that links to it and is now a cycle / walking trail with some great views.

Ian
October 29th, 2014
@stillcrappysailor

I'll have to have a look at your project to see them. I suppose it's inevitable that some of these places will be redeveloped as time passes, but I do find the atmosphere in some of these shots quite amazing.

Ian
October 29th, 2014
@voiceprintz

Glad you found them interesting. They have made me wonder about local abandoned places where I can go and take photos.

Ian
October 30th, 2014
Thanks for the links. I'm fascinated by abandoned places....
October 30th, 2014
@eudora

Glad you enjoyed them Diane. I need to have a look around my own area to see what potential there is with abandoned places. These links have really made me think....

Ian
October 30th, 2014
Someone recently vandalized the bike in the tree.

Earlier this year I visited a great abandoned palace in Singapore.
October 30th, 2014
Totally cool shots - thanks so much for sharing the links.
October 30th, 2014
Say hello to my new bucket list! I would kill to explore Detroit with a camera and nothing else.

I've been to a few abandoned places. Unfortunately, no camera...Didn't have shoes either, but that's a different story.
November 1st, 2014
@mcrt

Nice shot - it looks like a beautiful but neglected building.

Ian
November 1st, 2014
@tara11

You're welcome Tara. This is a branch of photography I haven't explored, but these links have given me some inspiration and a few ideas!

Ian
November 1st, 2014
@remirixjones

Thank you. In some ways it's rather sad to see such abandoned places, but it's also a great inspirational theme for photos!

Ian
November 1st, 2014
@fishers There are a couple of links to history of that building in my comments on the picture.

@remirixjones This is an abandoned cement plant. Ran across a band doing a shoot there.
Write a Reply