Halloween and Fall 2014

October 31st, 2014
There is a something old - Flashback Halloween - thread.

How about something new!!

Please add any tips or tricks you learned shooting for fall and Halloween this year!

I learned that candy corn will burn, but gummy bears just scorch and melt.

Love all the fall colors and how you can now get them in sprinkles and sugars too!

Wish I had a good spooky photo. Maybe tonight when the hobgoblins come trick or treating!!

Post your fall and Halloween 2014 photos here!!
October 31st, 2014
I learned you can do a lot more with wood carving tools than you can with the set of pumpkin carving tools you get at the grocery store:

Also, that when you go outside to take a picture of your pumpkin, you should remember to change the white balance. I tried to add a bit of yellow to counteract all the blue, but it's still obvious. Seattle is gray not blue.
October 31st, 2014
@stephomy very cool pumpkin and good tip with the wood carving tools! I have been having a bugger of a time trying to carve our pumpkins this year. The pumpkin tools just aren't cutting it... literally!
October 31st, 2014
@stephomy awesome pumpkin!
November 1st, 2014
I learned that squirrels eat the tops off of pumpkins and you have to do a lot of editing if you want to take a photo of said pumpkin.
November 1st, 2014
I did the same thing last year, and I knew I needed a bigger pumpkin this year! I learned that finding the right WB when using a white and a red light can be pretty tricky...
November 2nd, 2014
I learnt that you don't have to put "real make-up" on to make an 11 year old teenager look like a zombie.

Write a Reply