January treasure hunt..?

December 18th, 2014
Hi All, I've returned from Awayland...yes, I just keep showing up like a bad penny! :)
I'm just wondering if someone is planning on creating a January treasure hunt? I'd create and post one myself, but want to check with y'all first. Don't want to steal any1's thunder due to being out of the loop! I think my best non-selfie shots came out of the Jan treasure hunt of '12 and I'd love to start the new year with a similar challenge...thoughts?
December 18th, 2014
Could be fun.
December 19th, 2014
Treasure hunt?
December 19th, 2014
How does it work?
December 19th, 2014
@zosimasy It's where u create a list of things to photograph for each day of the month...here is the one I took part in in 2012: http://365project.org/discuss/themes-competitions/9626/january-treasure-hunt
December 19th, 2014
@tabbycat oh! that.... I've been lacking serious "phojo" lately so I could use it. I remember when I started this project early this year, someone was doing them, but havn't seen it since March or April
December 19th, 2014
@srhinas See above :)
December 19th, 2014
Could be fun!
December 19th, 2014
Count me in.
December 19th, 2014
Jo
There has been a 'word a day' theme going for quite a while by @debrac
Check out this link: http://365project.org/discuss/themes-competitions/24160/december-word-nomination-time
I'm sure there will be a January one too.
December 19th, 2014
@joeymc Hmm...looks ok, but a little predictable re: Xmas words for my taste...maybe Jan will be different...?

I was actually thinking of re-doing the same Jan list from 2012, so I could compare shots from the two years afterwards....?
December 19th, 2014
Hi Tabitha. There will be one for January also. About a week before the end of the month, I have 365'ers submit words that they would like to see on the list. The words with the most nominations win. Therefor, I really can't give you any indication as to what it is going to look like until the time that I compile the list. Feel free to participate if and when you like. This is a list that was started by @Bulldog back in about '12 and I took it over in '13. I am open to someone new doing the list at anytime, so if you would like to take over, I would be happy to help you out. I have a list of people that I tag with my posts, and we have established a few minor rules to go by.
December 23rd, 2014
@debrac Hi Debra. I would like some info on this. How do I sign up for it? I am interested in working with it. Thanks!!!
December 23rd, 2014
@srhinas There is no need to "sign up". I will post the request for words for the month today. Anyone is free to nominate words. I will then compile a list at the end of the month and post it in a new discussion board. Feel free to post for any or all words you like. I will add you to my contact list, that way you will be notified when I post the discussion boards. Have fun with it and thanks for joining.
December 24th, 2014
Hi All.

For those of you who would like to join in with the Jan list, you can now start sugesting your words here:
http://365project.org/discuss/themes-competitions/24379/2015-january-word-nomination-time

Simply add your words or re-add any you see that you agree with. The more time a word is requested, the better chance it will be on the final list.

"Have Fun" and thank you Debra

@tabbycat @chapjohn @zosimasy @srhinas @shesnapped @fotoblah @joeymc @debrac
December 24th, 2014
Thanks muchly @bulldog !! :-)
Write a Reply