Get Pushed Week 126 - Monday Dec 22 to Sunday Dec 28

December 20th, 2014
Welcome to "Get Pushed Week 126" - the Christmas edition :)

IMPORTANT!!!!!!

One of the key aspects of "get pushed" is that we get "pushed" out of our photographic comfort zones... this means that you need to find something that is a CHALLENGE for your partner...

look thru the recent months of their project and come up with something they don't seem to have done, or have indicated struggling with... it could be a type of subject, a compositional technique, a particular camera setting, use of light, anything... as long as it is something they don't seem to have done, or done much of...

if you're paired with someone who appears very experienced and accomplished, give them a concept challenge - eg.: interpret a word (something a bit intangible like "silence", or "ambiguous"... not a thing like "animal" or "toy")...

looking thru your partner's albums needn't take a lot of time... but it is very much appreciated when this effort is invested...

ALSO IMPORTANT!!!

Explain what your challenge was when posting your shot. This helps the previous week's winner when they are choosing the week's finalists. And if someone is cruising the photos with a "get pushed" tag, they like to see what the challenge was when looking at your photo.

Week 126 Dates

-- Saturday / Sunday, Dec 20 and 21 - find your partner and issue a challenge
-- Monday Dec 2 thru Sunday Dec 28 - take a picture (or pictures) in response to the challenge issued to you, and post it with the tag: Get-Pushed-126, and comment on the photos taken in response to your challenge
-- Monday, December 29 - the winner of week 125 will pick 5 finalists for a vote

How to play:

TO ISSUE A CHALLENGE

1. Find your partner from the list below and click on their name to get to their profile

2. Browse through the last couple of months of photos to get a feel for what they shoot and don't shoot etc.

3. Post an introduction on their last photo, and also issue the challenge you are setting.

RESPOND TO A CHALLENGE

4. You have until midnight next Sunday, to take and post your shot or shots.

5. When posting your shot WRITE A SHORT DESCRIPTION about
-- who challenged you,
-- what the challenge was,
-- what you found hard about it etc.

6. Make sure to tag your shot for the challenge.... Get-Pushed-126

7. Tag your challenger in a COMMENT (not just your write-up). You MUST tag your partner in a separate comment... tagging them in your write-up of your photo is not sufficient as it will not result in them getting a notification...

ALSO

8. it is nice to visit the photo that was made in response to your challenge and offer some comments and maybe even some constructive criticism...

9. On the Monday after the challenge is over, the winner of the previous week will pick 5 finalists for a vote, this can be based purely on their fav photos, who they felt best met the challenge etc, etc.

Happy trails!!!!

@gabigabs with @roseolivia
@amyleewinfield with @francoise
@lorrainelouise with @jocasta
@ladygator with @zosimasy
@opticlens with @genealogygenie
@salza with @aecasey
@kph129 with @bella_ss
@joeymc with @ounooi
@joansmor with @lfrans
@sunshine365 with @stephomy
@thistle with @summerfield
@lynne5477 with @mcsiegle
@nanderson with @tstb
@anniemc051 with @homeschoolmom
@neatz with @psychegrrrl
@shesnapped with @lynnilou
@hjbenson with @vignouse
@livvy with @overalvandaan
@oreos808 with @lisatown
@julieco with @froggie0628
@macromover with @ithinkithunk
@ludgate with @mizzm
December 20th, 2014
Northy, thank you for organising this challenge every week!This is my favorite challenge and I've learned so much along the line. I need a little break though, could you please take me of the list for next week and I'll rejoin somewhere in the new year. Thank you!
December 21st, 2014
Hi Northy! I have accepted my challenge for this week and offered one in return :) Thank you for taking the time to keep this going and organized!

Please remove my name from the list for after this current challenge. I'm 12 images away from reaching my 365 Goal... then... Pooof! Off She Goes :)

Cheers, Lisa
December 22nd, 2014
Hi Northy! Could you take my name off the list for challenge 127? It'll be a busy week :)
Thanks!
December 23rd, 2014
@northy Hi Northy, how do I enter this challenge? :)
December 24th, 2014
Is there voting open yet for week 125?
December 26th, 2014
Please remove me from the list.
December 27th, 2014
Hello. I am new to 365 and just got my camera but wanted something to challenge myself. Is it too late to add me to the list?
December 27th, 2014
@northy Hi, I think I'm probably a little late for this weeks challenge but would you be able to add me for week 127?
December 27th, 2014
@northy Hi there, hope you had a great Christmas. I seem to be totally messing up with the challenges at the moment - too much going on. Please excuse me from the next challenge (127) and add me back in to the following week by which time life bay be back on track.
December 27th, 2014
Hi. I would like to be added on for the next challenge - 127? Not sure if there will be a new thread or if its this one. Thanks!
January 5th, 2015
@northy Hi, I am a newbie on 365 and I found your challenge. I really wanna enter and try it - sounds like fun. Is there a new challenge for the new year? Can you put my name on that list? Thank you
January 5th, 2015
@lehnistina hi Martina... yes - we're already on to week 128... i will add your name to the list to get paired up on a regular basis... for this week, if someone else comes along looking for a partner you could get paired up with them...
January 6th, 2015
@northy Thank you. Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't find the topic for week 128
January 6th, 2015
@lehnistina naaaah... it's just that the threads kind of get jumbled up every now and then... for some reason the week 126 thread is showing before week 128... no clue why... if you go to the themes and competitions page and scroll back a page or two, you'll find it... :)

http://365project.org/discuss/themes-competitions/24486/get-pushed-week-128-monday-january-5-to-sunday-january-11
Write a Reply