New Camera (Canon EOS700D) & New Journey

December 27th, 2014
I'm new to Project 365 and feel excited yet intimidated. The photo's you people are doing are amazing and I fear that my photos just won't measure up.

I'm relatively new to photography and will take a course in the New Year but hope to get started my project 365 on January 1st giving me a few days to work with my new camera. Any quick tips?

Thanks for this community!
Tina
December 27th, 2014
Welcome to the greatest addiction you will ever experience! :)

I just wrote a discussion for new people (10 reasons to do the project). And take your time! Enjoy the steps that take you to improvement. You'll see a big difference from Jan. to Dec. I'm sure others could add on here the list of wonderful themes and challenges here that help when inspiration wanes!
http://365project.org/discuss/general/24372/10-days-left-for-some-and-10-reasons-to-start-365
December 27th, 2014
Daryl O'Hare, thank-you for the link to your post - truly inspiring & a genuine Hotdog!
December 27th, 2014
Good Luck Tina, I too am totally in awe of some of the talent on this site, but use as inspiration and don't try to compete. Just enjoy taking photographs for yourself.
December 27th, 2014
Welcome to 365, enjoy your self
December 27th, 2014
When I started my project I had just completed a 10week beginners course. I knew nothing before that. Nothing at all. We all start at that point. Some years ago, some months, some today. We are all on a photographic journey. Don't be afraid to start yours. Lots you can learn is technical and that will come. The rest comes from passion and a desire to see and capture the world around you with your camera. That can't be taught or learnt that comes from within you. So go shoot. Enjoy. Follow people on here. Be inspired. Each day you will grow. It's a wonderful community. The more you give the more you will get back. Enjoy the journey. I sound hippyish now. I'm not really!
December 27th, 2014
@grovemom @darylo

Tina, welcome to 365 and enjoy! And Daryl, your words 'greatest addiction you will ever experience' sum it up beautifully.
December 27th, 2014
Welcome to 365! One of the best ways to learn is to participate in many of the challenges. It's a fabulous way to learn new techniques and stretch your imagination. And, it's fun, too!
December 27th, 2014
Thank-you everyone! As I've read through the supportive comments here and on other posts I am feeling less intimidated! Thank-you for the positive vibes and great advice!
December 27th, 2014
I started a little over a year ago and fell light years ahead of where I was and light years to go to get to where I want to be. Follow the people whose photographs you enjoy. Ask questions, join in the themes and challenges that interest you and always remember it is your project. So take the pictures you enjoy and post from past days when you are busy because putting a lot of pressure to take a great shot each day can ruin the fun unless that is what you want to do.
December 28th, 2014
Welcome to 365! If a DSLR is a new concept to you and you like to read rather than watch internet videos, try the From Snapshots to Great Shots series for your camera. Here is a link at amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/Canon-EOS-Rebel-T5i-700D/dp/0321942035/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419593416&sr=8-1&keywords=from+snapshots+to+great+shots+EOS+700D

Shoot what is around you, and shoot a lot. I find that I look at the most common things a whole different way than I used to.
December 28th, 2014
@grovemom Just enjoy this lovely community and don't treat it as a competition! You will learn lots and the simple act of taking more photos will improve your work as well as the tips and inspiration you will find here. Have fun!
December 28th, 2014
Welcome to 365. I suggest reading the camera manual and getting to know it like the back of your hand. Remember it is your project and your photo so you can interpret the subject how you like. Yes there are composition rules that help but it is as you see it. Enjoy it and remember you get out what you put in.
December 28th, 2014
Welcome to 365. As here has been said before. First and most important, this is your project and you decide about your photos. You should have fun enjoying taking photos and upload here later. There are lots of themes and challenges each week that will you enter deep in photography discovering photographers, techniques and works that you will not imagine before. Finally it is inportant that you get comfortablhe with your new camera. Read manual, watch videos and practice with common settings. Enjoy It! :)
December 28th, 2014
I'm new too! And I'm sure there will be plenty of us joining this time of year so we can all learn together - and everyone on here with intimidatingly good photos seems to be lovely and supportive.
Write a Reply