Half click option suddenly vanishes!

January 27th, 2015
Hi!
I've had my new Panasonic Tz60 for a month. When in aperature mode or Shutter mode I would half click to focus and the shoot the pic. Suddenly that option is only available in automatic mode. Which means that I can't use the other modes as it is all blurry. I don't know the camera that well yet, I'm sure I must have accidently changed some setting as the camera works beautifully in automatic mode. I don't know what to do. Am searching the manual but haven't found an explanation yet.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!!!
Naomi Epstein
January 27th, 2015
No real clue, but I am wondering if your camera has a setting that allows you to lock focus other than when you are in fully auto mode, and if you accidentally invoked that?
January 27th, 2015
It might be that you have activated manual focus, it should be in the user manual.
January 27th, 2015
Almost for sure what Lyn @ltodd said. Your camera does have a manual focus mode on its fixed lens. Don't know where the control is, though.
January 28th, 2015
On my partner's FZ200 the option for manual focus is on the lens barrel.
January 28th, 2015
@northy @ltodd @frankhymus @ltodd @creampuff Just got home from work and saw all your replies. What a wonderful community! I'm off to look at the manual. I tried to look before writing but wasn't able to define what I needed and did not find it. Hope tp have updates shortly!
January 28th, 2015
@northy @ltodd @frankhymus @ltodd @creampuff You all were right! I still have to learn how to move easily from me controlling certain things and then not but thanks to you (and @iltod page number references!!!!!) I'm back in a mode I can work with. So grateful!
Write a Reply