Anyone using a Lowepro LP36503-PWW Flipside Sport 20L Camera Daypack?

February 28th, 2015
Looks like Lowepro has expanded its backpack line and I'm interested. Anyone out there using it so far?
February 28th, 2015
amazon reviews look good... i have a similar but older version and found it extremely comfortable and completely adequate in terms of space... mine does not have a tripod carrier and i would have liked that feature (although it wasn't necessary at the time of my purchase)...

the only thing i have against this backpack is that it doesn't work for a quickdraw, or a change of lenses on the go...
February 28th, 2015
@northy apparently it rotates to front and you can access that way (without taking off pack). I went to a store to see if any were there but none. I think they are pretty new.
February 28th, 2015
ooooh! that would be cool! it really is the one feature of mine that bugs me... let me know how well it works if you find one...
February 28th, 2015
@northy hoping someone here will advise! Ibjust ordered my new tripod!
February 28th, 2015
@darylo yeah... i'm interested in that too... i'm a bit torn as i hate lugging equipment around... last summer i didn't even take the big camera on our trip... just the nex7 and the one lens... but i'd love the flexibility if i'm going somewhere specifically for photography...
February 28th, 2015
@northy my new camera is part of all of this. It's completely a photography trip of a lifetime for me. :) !!!
February 28th, 2015
@darylo I wish I could help but I use the traditional backpack.
February 28th, 2015
I can't comment on that bag, but I have an F-Stop rear opening backpack and it's awesome. I see this is also rear opening - the security this affords when travelling is great! Also, if you are in a dirty area, you can take the pack off and rest it on its front to get your gear, then when you put it back on the bit against your back is still clean.

So, the features on your proposed bag look great.
February 28th, 2015
@darylo I have four bags - depending on what I'm doing. I have a traditional computer backpack into which I can put my Canon 6D, a single extra lens, and my laptop for a quick day trip when my equipment is going to spend most of the time in the car.

I have a LowePro bag that has become my everyday go-to bag http://store.lowepro.com/sling-bags/passport-sling). @taffy suggested it a while ago and I've discovered that, with this over my shoulder, I can have access to three lens, some extra goodies, and still have my camera out and ready to shoot. When I'm hiking, I use a LowePro Flipside kind of like this one ( http://store.lowepro.com/backpacks/flipside-300). This is also great for a trip into Chicago as a day bag. I can carry essentials comfortably. It has straps that secure it to me. Both of these features are important to me when hiking or wandering around the city.

I have a monster-sized backpack by Ape Case with which I travel. It holds two camera bodies and multiple lenses and other accessories. Love this bag's versatility and sheer storage capacity. Major downside: It's REALLY heavy to carry through airports.

February 28th, 2015
Jo
Hi Daryl, I just thought I'd mention the cotton carrier, as I have resorted to this due to the weight of my camera and lenses especially when walking around for hours as I have yet to find a rucksack that doesn't dig into my lower back and make me stand at an odd angle! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cotton-Carrier-Vest-for-Camera/dp/B0079RQZBU/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1425116519&sr=1-3&keywords=cotton+carrier
February 28th, 2015
@voiceprintz Thanks for the info! I have a nice Lowepro side bag I love when I'm just going out for a short time. The sling does not fit me well, unfortunately. I'm really interested in the flipside; the link you sent me on that one had a problem, but I did view a video and wonder if yours if like this one? http://www.adorama.com/LPFLS15LGB.html?adver=new&gclid=CjwKEAiA68WnBRCJxZr5qoaL3iMSJAAXIrr3KRG8O6Jb52LP5MgjHvpDjzzR_GcFg0-9DVgthWAtqhoCigPw_wcB
@northy check out the video on this link. Shows how you can flip it to front for access.

February 28th, 2015
@jo13 I have it on my list! I can only afford one thing at the moment and the Flipside will carry my tripod along as well! But I see the advantage of what your suggesting as my back takes a toll!
February 28th, 2015
ok - i see... probably that would work with mine as well... i'm not a big fan of the waist strap and never use it though... but i can see how that would work... :)
February 28th, 2015
@northy I'm the same, but as I'll have the pack on all day for about 5 days straight in Tokyo, I imagine I could get used to it. It would really be for just travel or long day shoots when I'm going lots of places and want everything. I have a makeshift backpack already with my Lowepro bag inserted (It just doesn't carry a tripod). I feel like with this purchase I'll have all the possible bags needed (for now :)).
Write a Reply