New Mundane Challenge - Taps

March 7th, 2015
First of all, thankyou to those who participated in the Mundane Bed Challenge and to @dh who hosted it. And thankyou to those who voted for my shot - Bed on the Beach. I think I was very lucky to come across that amazing driftwood structure at just the right time!

I've only joined the 365 Project this year and this is the first challenge I've taken part in so I'm a little nervous about hosting this. If I'm getting this wrong I hope someone will point me in the right direction. Anyway, here we go....

The new mundane challenge is taps (faucets). We all have them inside and out and I thought they'd offer lots of scope.
As always there should be no question that the subject of the challenge is the star of the shot. You are free to use any photographic techniques to capture the subject and edit it as you wish.

The challenge begins today (Saturday 7th March) and will run until the end of Saturday 14th March. You may enter as many times as you like but your entries must be taken within this time frame to be considered for voting.

Please tag your shots mundane-tap. You may also post your shots on this thread if you wish.

Objects used for this challenge in the past:ice, toothbrush, screwdriver, veggie peeler, bar of soap, scissors, electric plug, paper clip, jar, language, cardboard, toothpick, hex key, hair comb, screw, button, key, coin, ballpoint pen, shoe, glass, plastic bag, thread, books, lightbulb, toilet paper, envelopes, door handle, tea bag, broom, tin can, egg(s), shoelaces, clothes peg/pin, wheel, mailbox, pill, bottle, chain, zipper, seed(s), vegetable(s), cutlery, playing cards, mobile phone, pasta, chair, camera, blanket, paper, rubber,tack, hanger, Index Finger, mouse (non furry), sock, bubbles, candles, bread and beds.

I look forward to seeing what you all come up with.
March 7th, 2015
congratulations!!

I know I'm going to sound stupid (not the first time!) but are taps faucets?
March 7th, 2015
Oh, didn't even think about the different words we use!! Yes, they are.
March 7th, 2015
@barb_b cool! thank you!
March 7th, 2015
I was thinking playing taps on the trumpet or tap shoes. I was confused:). @hippiechick13
March 7th, 2015
@hippiechick13 @amandal As in tap water, straight from the faucet. But, my first thought was military funerals and the song Taps! This is a good one.
March 7th, 2015
A really cool topic. I'm sure you mean March and not February for the dates :-)
March 7th, 2015
Oh, good grief, sorry about that and yes, March it is. Off to edit that! Thanks for pointing that out Sally - and to think I read it over at least twice before posting it!!
March 7th, 2015
@amandal @hippiechick13 -- I was also trying to figure this out!
March 7th, 2015
@barb_b you're doing great! Hosting your first challenge is a learning experience for sure. I'm sure you'll be hosting others in the future and by then you'll be an old pro at it. :-)
March 7th, 2015
@barb_b Great mundane item for the challenge! Thanks Barb!
March 8th, 2015
March 8th, 2015
Amy
March 9th, 2015
Write a Reply