Album Challenge 42 - The Ultimate Cover Challenge

March 25th, 2015
42 -Douglas Adams - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe

In the radio series and the first novel, a group of hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings demand to learn the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything from the supercomputer, Deep Thought, specially built for this purpose. It takes Deep Thought 7½ million years to compute and check the answer, which turns out to be 42. Deep Thought points out that the answer seems meaningless because the beings who instructed it never actually knew what the Question was.

With that out of the way, this is Album Cover Challenge #42

Thank you to everyone who voted and participated in Album Cover Challenge 41 -

Here's how it works:

1. Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia and choose the link for "random article" on the top left side of the page. The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your musician(s) or band.

2. Go to http://www.quotationspage.com and choose "random quotes" from the left menus. Scroll down to the end of the page. The last 4 to 6 words of the very last quote on the page are the title of your album.

3. Next, find or take a photo of yours that fits the album name and artist(s). Album covers are usually square.

4. Then, use your favourite editing program to create your cover (or, if you don't have one, Ace members have free access to picmonkey.com -- and there are many other free programs out there). You can use any image of yours for the album, old or new, but you must use your own images and do all processing for the cover during the time frame of the challenge.

5. Tag your entries “albumcoverchallenge42”.

In addition to tagging your image, consider posting your album to this thread, too. It helps keep this thread alive. That means it will show up on the discussion lists to the right of the home page. It also helps bring in more participants!

To post a photo on this thread:
1) Go to your page that has the photo you would like to post.
2) Click on the three dots just below the bottom right of your picture. Find the 'Embed Code' box and right click on it to copy it, then paste it to this thread.

Challenge 42 begins now, Wednesday,March 25 and ends on Weds April 1, 2015. All entries must be between those dates. If you have any questions or need help getting started, just post to this thread. I look forward to seeing your entries and welcome new participants!

As an alternative topic, feel free to create on that reflects "42" with Douglas Adams as the musician.

You have one week so giddyup!

Have fun and enjoy!

March 25th, 2015
artist sun kehong ( chinese painter)
album = taking risks on behalf

The universe will reward you for taking risks on its behalf.

Shakti Gawain
March 25th, 2015
Cool, I've been waiting for the next challenge

Song: But stories we've got.
Artist: St. Monica's Church

Full quote: Heirlooms we don't have in our family. But stories we've got. Rose Cherin
March 25th, 2015
This looks fun

Artist: Aleksandr Zhirov, Soviet Alpine Skier
Album: The Great Foundation of Failure (fab title!)
from quotation: I will not allow yesterday's success to lull me into today's complacency, for this is the great foundation of failure.

Hmm... What can I do with that?

March 25th, 2015
Artist: Frank P. Mahony, a late 19th century " Australian artist and member of the Dawn and Dusk Club" .
Album Title: ... but also from the heart.

from the quote "We know truth, not only by reason, but also by the heart." by Blaise Pascal

March 25th, 2015
Bernard Kinsey (philanthropist) And "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
]Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
March 25th, 2015
I got

Artist : Vibart

Quote: Looking for action.

(In Ethiopia during the famine, I saw stuff there that reorganized how I saw the world. I didn't quite know what to do about it. At a certain point, I felt God is not looking for alms. God is looking for action.
Bono, Oprah Winfrey Show, 2002
Irish lead singer of U2 (1960 - ) )
March 25th, 2015
O dear... This could be interesting.....

Band: Barnstable County Correctional Facility
Album: Trust your instincts.

Full Quote: 'Creativity comes from trust. Trust your instincts'
Rita Mae Brown
March 26th, 2015
Artist: The Râul Cheii is a tributary of the Tarcău River in Romania.

Quote: Wars teach us not to love our enemies but to hate our allies.~W. L. George

March 26th, 2015
Artist: Ludlow Typograph
Title: The more beautiful life becomes.

The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes. - Frank Lloyd Wright
March 26th, 2015
May we submit multiple entries?
March 26th, 2015
@runestone Absolutely yes! Submit as many as you like!
March 26th, 2015
@swguevin Thank you, it really is an awesome waste of time :-)

Here's my first attempt

"Artist" : Aleksandr Zhirov, Soviet Alpine Skier
Quotation: “I will not allow yesterday’s success to lull me into today’s complacency, for this is the great foundation of failure.” – Og Mandino

I struggled to find an image to reflect the skiing side so I settled for the Russian influence.

The original image is a photograph of a ladder into my local harbour - the slippery ladder of success, perhaps.
March 26th, 2015

Artist: Megachile nigrohirta
Album: a few reasonable words

Original quote: One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe 1749 - 1832)
March 27th, 2015

artist - the privateer

Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assaults of thought on the unthinking.
John Maynard Keynes
English economist (1883 - 1946)
March 27th, 2015

March 27th, 2015

Artist: Dr.Jekyll and Sister Hyde

All men profess honesty as long as they can. To believe all men honest would be folly. To believe none so is something worse.

John Quincy Adams (1767 - 1848)
March 27th, 2015

Artist: Horse Trading
Full quote: "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" Robert Benchley
March 28th, 2015
I am struggling with this! Any tips???
March 30th, 2015

Artist: Maud Tindal Atkinson
Album name: The Heart of a Child

Quote: A torn jacket is soon mended: but hard words bruise the heart of a child. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
March 30th, 2015
Song: But stories we've got.
Artist: St. Monica's Church

Full quote: Heirlooms we don't have in our family. But stories we've got. Rose Cherin

April 1st, 2015

band name: Fukushima
Album: back to my own with Greater Contentment
Write a Reply