Nobody visits me...sob

March 29th, 2015
Hi there.
I, along with many other folks, came to this site when Blipfoto appeared to be in trouble. I downloaded all my blips and duplicated entries thereafter.
I have been very disappointed by the number of views I receive compared with Blipfoto activity. I am only a beginner and would appreciate a little feedback.

Any suggestions?

Tiedmark

UPDATE
A big thank you to all the folks that have visited, commented and decided to share in my digital ramblings. I appear to have got back a lot more from putting in one little post here.
Come on by if you have a few spare moments.
You can be sure of a varied selection and not too many dogs, cats, sunsets or in-focus, pro compostitions. Feel free to offer advice. No hawkers! 😜

UPDATE 2
Is there an echo in here?
Thank you for reinforcing the " putting in...." stuff.
I have 66 reasons for agreeing with you on that...all 365/366 in nature 😉
March 29th, 2015
It takes awhile to build a cadre of followers. Be patient. Check out the popular page and the trending page. Start following some of the photographers you enjoy from those pages. Maybe they'll follow you back? Besides, it's your project. Try not to hinge your feelings on how many comments you get. Just enjoy posting photographs that are meaningful to you. Give it a few more months! Good luck!
March 29th, 2015
I agree with Julie and would add check out the New Faces page also. I remember getting friends and followers from that page at the beginning of my project. Welcome to 365!
March 29th, 2015
I've been on here for 3 years now. I still don't get lots of views, comments, etc. Usually the same apportionment on each of my photos. I try to comment and view others photos, sometimes don't have the time. It don't really bother me though. I'd love more comments/critiques.
March 29th, 2015
@juliedduncan Thank you for your suggestions.
March 29th, 2015
@linnypinny Thank you for your suggestions.
March 29th, 2015
Follow more people and comment regularly. You'll get back what you put in.
March 29th, 2015
Hello there, and welcome to 365! Yes, it is your project, and you get out of it what you put into it, just like anything else in life!! Be active, troll the New Faces, Trending, Popular, find people whose work you like and follow them, comment on their photos, if you feel like it, there are no rules.....eventually you will build a following and connect with a group of like-minded people....everybody here is friendly, but we all have lives outside of 365, and sometimes that gets in the way!! Frankly, the first year I was on here I did not worry about the social aspect of it....I just wanted to take photos every day and post them, and eventually it all happened....in its own time!
Also, check out the Themes and Challenges under the Discussion Tab. Try to participate in any of them that interest you....you will find that by being active on this site you will find your place in it, and will stop worrying about who likes you! Just my two cents' worth!
March 29th, 2015
also, people can see your photos here without it tallying a view, did you know that? Pictures you look at on your feed don't count as viewed. Only if you click on them or comment is a view racked up.
March 29th, 2015
Agree with Frank, you build up a rapport with followers and get to learn from each other. A lot of mutual commenting goes on here as well as critique. The New Faces, Suggestions, Trending and Popular pages are a good start. This site is great, I know a few people on Blipfoto who are determined to stick it out there hoping it will remain. Good luck with either site you're on.
March 29th, 2015
@frankhymus frank said it all. You'll get back what you put in.
March 29th, 2015
I'm a blip refugee too will check out your pics now
March 29th, 2015
I don't know how helpful it will be, but some Blpfoto refugees started a thread with their Blifoto names on it - you might find some old friends there. http://365project.org/discuss/general/25088/blipfoto-refugees-unite
March 29th, 2015
@therubysusan Thank you.
March 30th, 2015
What @panthora says! All true and I couldn't improve on it!
March 30th, 2015
I also agree with what Osia @panthora said. I couldn't have said it better either. I think in order to receive comments you have to be willing to give comments. We all love to get comments.
March 30th, 2015
Totally agree with Osia. Welcome and hope that you enjoy! It took me weeks/months to have visitors.
March 30th, 2015
I agree with Osia. Check out other people, comment and follow the ones that interest you. I have been off 365 for quite a while due to illness. Upon my return, I find I have lost a lot of followers, some are still on my list but have not posted in a long time and I hope they are well. I only get a few comments from my most faithful followers. I comment back on anyone that comments on my shots, plus the ones I follow and the ones that follow me. Since I work and have a long drive, the weekends are catch up on commenting for me.
March 30th, 2015
Follow people, comment on their pictures, and they'll comment back.
March 30th, 2015
A big welcome to 365. It does take time and I will say you get out what you put in so visit people follow people comment and things will pick up.
March 30th, 2015
I can only echo what others have said - this site is like everything else in life, you only get out what you put in. I'm synchronising with my Blipfoto account and only arrived here looking for a backup plan. 365 has however what Blipfoto does not have - a lively and interesting discussion area, with plenty of challenges and competitions to participate in. The Forums at Blip were something of a wasteland and very much disconnected from the journals. Here they have discovered the trick of keeping the two connected in a very successful way. I find that the best aspects of Blip and Flickr meet here in a very exciting mix and I plan to stay, whatever happens at Blipfoto.

I feel that I have settled in quickly and am making new friends. It does take time to get around and to view the albums of photographers that I feel may interest me but I am finding the investment worthwhile and I am learning much as I go. I find more emphasis on photo quality here and less on the journalling side of course, so it's more challenging to get to know people when they reveal themselves only obliquely. The unique peek into people's lives at Blipfoto is a precious thing but it is just that, unique and we cannot expect to replicate it elsewhere.

Stick with it and build something different here and you will enjoy your stay, I believe. It takes time for folks to know that you are here and the best way for them to discover you is for you to discover them and to say "hello".
March 30th, 2015
My two cents. Today marks my DAY 7, so I am clearly new to this and still getting the lay of the 365 land. I can't remember how I discovered 356, but I joined primarily because of all the positive and encouraging comments, which I initially and naively thought would be coming my way automatically. However, after reading many of the advice giving articles and posts to newbies, there was one occurring theme in all of them, and that was in order to get the most out of 365, whether it be comments, critique or community, you have to be proactive. So with an adjusted mindset, I am now focusing (pun intended) outward and trying to comment on a few photos on a daily basis. I also intend to participate in upcoming challenges, where I assume more of the photo critiques and "how-tos" are found.

Additionally, considering there are 1,000+ photos uploaded daily and being so new, I am surprised and honored to have had a few comments already. Looking forward to the next 357 days and am very glad to be a part of this community.
March 30th, 2015
I agree with all the above. I started over a year ago, looked, commented and learnt, joined challenges (less so now as I have had to get a balance but want to restart again)... the more you comment, participate the more you find other people. It is a vast site and I am reminded of it again and again when \I suddenly come across someone new or some work that I cannot believe I have missed .Give it time and just enjoy. Don't worry about how many followers others have; it is quality of comments and rapport built up that makes this such a wonderfully supportive community.
Welcome.
Write a Reply