April '15 Word List

March 31st, 2015

Do you ever struggle with photo ideas for each day? If so, this is the challenge for you. Each day has a word assigned to it for you to use your imagination in capturing. Please feel free to join us, if you haven’t already. You can make it a challenge to get through the whole month, or come and go as you please.

Thank you to all who suggested words for April '15 Word List.

Please note that the dates are just recommendations and you do not have to stick to them, you can use any of the 37 words in any order you like.

The tag for April will continue in the same format as before, First three letters of the month, the year and then ‘words’ (apr15words).

* So tag your photos with apr15words to see them all here:
apr15words

This is how I have compiled our list:
- First, I removed the words that were used in February and Match.
- Then tallied the number of times each word was nominated.
- The words with the most nominations were then added to the list by dates associated with them. Some dates had more than one word with equal nominations, so I put them as closely as possible to the appropriate date.
- Words with the most nominations and without a date association were added randomly throughout the month.

The bonus words are: Birthday, Anniversary, Aries, Taurus (star signs), Diamond (birthstone) and Sweet Pea and Daisy (birth flowers).

And here is the list:

1. Fool
2. Egg
3. Hunt
4. Library (Librarian Day)
5. Easter
6. Chocolate bunnies
7. Cheese
8. Cloud
9. Candy
10. Animal (Farm Animal Day)
11. Family
12. Golf (US Masters)
13. Games (Scrabble Day)
14. Garden
15. Joy
16. Lonely
17. Mud
18. New
19. Garlic (Garlic Day)
20. Onion
21. Showers
22. Jelly Bean
23. Books (Book Night)
24. Hats (Red Hat Society)
25. ANZAC (ANZAC)
26. Sky
27. Story
28. Train
29. Yellow
30. Baseball

I hope to see your photos as you have fun capturing these.

If you are not on the notification list, and would like to be added, just reply to this post and I will add you to the list.
March 31st, 2015
Nice, although I question Joy on tax day, lol!
March 31st, 2015
@debrac Thanks for doing this as always Debra. A wonderfully mixed list.
March 31st, 2015
Great stuff Debra!
March 31st, 2015
Thanks so much Debra for compiling this. I'm going to try to have a go at some of them in April. Please add me to the list :)
March 31st, 2015
A lovely mixture there.
March 31st, 2015
Thank you ☺
March 31st, 2015
Thank you so much, Debra. Great looking list.
March 31st, 2015
Thankyou Debra. A great list again .
March 31st, 2015
Interesting list. I'll work on it..... Have some ideas already. Thanks, Debra.
April 3rd, 2015
I am going to see how far I get with this months words. Didn't take many shots in March
April 3rd, 2015
I'm beginning to enjoy this month's words already - and it's only Day 3!! Ideas are starting to come quite randomly. Loving this :)
April 4th, 2015
@debrac lol, nevermind I just found it.
April 5th, 2015
@debrac What is ANZAC?
I'm enjoying this theme.
April 6th, 2015
@randystreat Australia & New Zealand Army Corp, Anzac Day is the 25th April
April 6th, 2015
@debrac Add me to the list, thanks!
April 6th, 2015
@wenbow Don't know about that, so I guess I'll use a bonus word that day.
April 8th, 2015
@randystreat Hi Kathy. I always struggle with that one. I usually take something related to our own defense departments or a toy kangaroo, to represent Australia...or a bonus word always works, too. I know a lot of US holidays get recognized, so I want to make sure the rest of the world gets some recognition, too.
April 12th, 2015
@pistache Hi Clare, I just want some clarification. You are already on the list. Some people on the list don't get notifications, however. I have to make a separate list for those individuals. Which isn't a problem, but I don't want you getting bogged down with double notifications. Are you currently receiving notification when I post the request for words and the list? Let me know. Thanks, Debra
April 13th, 2015
I am so sorry I haven't been on here in yrs. I am hopeing to get back on here. and post more as I have changed jobs and working 10 to 14 hour day shifts.. I miss 365 I have post one photo LOL
April 13th, 2015
@stude73 That's no problem. Would you like me to keep you on the list, or would you like removed? Just let me know. Best of luck at the job.
April 15th, 2015
@debrac I honestly can't recall if I get notifications so maybe I can go on the separate list just to make sure? Thanks so much. And I realise I haven't done a single one this month - so much on. Will have a look :)
Write a Reply