Ansel Adams - Japanese Internment camp photos

April 21st, 2015
These photos are a little known, historically significant part of Adams' work. This article tells about them and gives a link to the Library of Congress site where they may be viewed. http://www.openculture.com/2015/04/200-ansel-adams-photographs-expose-the-rigors-of-life-in-japanese-internment-camps-during-ww-ii.html
April 21st, 2015
@therubysusan Wow thank you for sharing this, very powerful!
April 21st, 2015
Thank you for sharing.
April 21st, 2015
Very powerful story. History is so ugly sometimes. Yet he captured this beautifully.
April 21st, 2015
thanks for this. 100,000 is an awful lot of people.
April 22nd, 2015
Viewing these photos touched me very deeply. As a man of color I have experienced first hand bigotry and prejudice far to many times. We and I mean we collectively have a long way to go to eradicate these hateful beliefs and practices that go on in many places around the world. Thank you for posting that link.
May 8th, 2015
eileenh
It's amazing how these past incidents become more public knowledge, and shows how important 'photographs' taken and filed safely play such an important role. Reminds me of the 'Isle of Man' usage during the same period of our history. Thanks for sharing
June 16th, 2015
I saw these on exhibit in Vancouver and what stood out was that he did not take the standard technical photos, but came into people's cabins and shot then as individuals and citizens. He left the collection to the library so this event could already be remembered to not be repeated.
Write a Reply