New MFPIAC 28 Challenge - Theme: INSECTS

May 5th, 2015
I was overwhelmed by the response to my Green Collage... thank you so much! I have never hosted a theme challenge before, so I hope I get it right.

CHALLENGE CRITERIA:
Collage should consist of 6 images (images don't have to be taken during the time frame of the challenge) with your interpretation of the theme INSECTS.

I've seen lots of photos of great bees, butterflies, caterpillars, spiders, etc, on many projects, so I hope there will be lots of participation! Please tag your collage with MFPIAC28. You may also post your collage here on this thread to inspire others.

The theme challenge will begin today, May 5th, and end on May 15th.

Entries may be viewed at http://365project.org/tags/mfpiac28

**Previous collage challenge themes:

Nature (MFPIAC1)
Colour (MFPIAC2)
Memory (MFPIAC3)
Signs (MFPIAC4)
Food (MFPIAC5)
Animals (MFPIAC6)
Buildings (MFPIAC7)
Subject (MFPIAC8)
Webs (MFPIAC9)
Water (MFPIAC10)
Transportation (MFPIAC11)
Four Seasons (MFPIAC12)
Circles (MFPIAC13)
Action (MFPIAC14)
Air (MFPIAC15)
Night (MFPIAC16)
Close Up and Macros (MFPIAC17)
Holidays (MFPIAC18)
Place where I Live (MFPIAC19)
Christmas (MFPIAC20)
Black & White (MFPIAC21)
Wings (MFPIAC22)
Toys (MFPUAC23)
Therapy(MFPIAC24)
Aged (MFPIAC25)
Growth (MFPIAC26)
Green (MFPIAC27)

I look forward to seeing your Insects Collage.
May 5th, 2015
Here's a sample (Ineligible) to get us started ... I so hope that MANY of you will participate!

May 5th, 2015
Great theme Cathy and congrats on winning the last challenge.
May 5th, 2015
@paulaw Thank you so much! I look forward to seeing the entries in this challenge!
May 6th, 2015
I think insects are hibernating just now that is is Autumn so these are taken quite a while ago. Congrats on the winning the green challenge.
May 6th, 2015
@kiwinanna Thanks for participating! Although it is spring where I live, all the photos in the sample collage are old... lack of time, and I no longer have a good macro lens... sigh... I have never managed to photograph a dragonfly!
May 6th, 2015
@calm Congratulations on your Green collage!

Here are some old and new. This is a fun challenge! Can't wait to see what other do!

May 6th, 2015

May 8th, 2015
I thought I would have a go at this challenge so here goes....

May 8th, 2015
These photos have been taken over a number of years, it was hard to choose. Taking photos of insects sparked an interest in entomology, and now I have left a career in Geophysics to do a PhD with thesis in Agricultural Entomology. So beware - photography can take you places you never expected. Go to my 365 project (Dec) to get see the names for these insects.

May 10th, 2015
May 11th, 2015
May 12th, 2015

My second collage - I have found an easier way to put them together.

Photos are
Top left: Honeybee (Apis mellifera) on Cosmos
Top right: Flesh fly (Sarcophaga aurifons) with milkweed in the background
Middle left: A weevil (Catasarcus carbo) at the beach
Middle right: Monarch Butterfly (Danaus plexippus) just emerged from chrysalis, still drying and inflating wings
Bottom left: Green Carab beetle (Calosoma shaveri) on Bromeliad
Bottom right: Ladybird larva with Cabbage aphids on rose
Write a Reply