Madhatters - First World Problems

May 25th, 2015
Thank you all for joining us on our adventures this week, we had a wonderful time. Here are a few beautiful images from those who came along with us...

@overalvandaan

@paulam

@catsmeowb

This week, we are dealing with very serious first world issues, look at this fun video for inspiration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN2WzQzxuoA

can't wait to hear what you are dealing with, tag your images madhatters-firstworldproblems
May 25th, 2015
LOL - that was not what I was expecting...should be interesting!
May 25th, 2015
Thanks for the mention!

Oh no, don't know which camera to use for this week Madhatters theme, my phone, my point and shoot or my dSLR :-)
May 26th, 2015
@overalvandaan Hahahaha!!!
May 26th, 2015
@overalvandaan I love how you're right into the spirit of things!
May 26th, 2015
I suspect this theme may generate offensive images. In psychological terms, labeling an other's problems as a First World Problem is judgmental, discounting* or bullying. Mostly I've heard it used as criticizing another for having different political beliefs. I hope none of those have a place in this forum.

*Discounting is the invalidation of another person’s thoughts, feelings, opinions, or perceptions. Discounting is often an automatic response without listening first rather than reasoned response after careful listening.
May 26th, 2015
I see the term 'first world problems' from the flip side: an opportunity to stop and count our blessings and put our own 'problems' in perspective.
May 27th, 2015
@kph129 I agree, but I can see what you mean, too @fotoblah . Hope not to offend.
May 27th, 2015
@kph129 I agree if it's one putting their own problems in perspective, but not one putting other's problems in perspective for them.
May 27th, 2015
Sue
May 27th, 2015
thank you SO MUCH for the recognition, my grandson, Logan will be thrilled to know his "Alligator" got some notice. Oh my, he brings me so much laughter. Off to find something new. . .thanks again!
May 27th, 2015
I love Ryan Higa. My kids watch him all the time. Yeah, FWP, it's real. It's everywhere. I don't find the video or a discussion or a photograph of it offensive in any way. What do you think satire is for? Some of the greatest artists speak truth to power. So I say, great theme! :)
May 27th, 2015
Can'the get the link to work, is it just me?
Write a Reply