Identifying 365ers in the community

May 30th, 2015
I am interested to know how many NZers there might be in NZ. Does anyone know. Is there anyone else in Taupo besides @msmichelley?

After catching up with @alinz last week, we were discussing it could be an idea that 365ers have something to show on their camera equipment so they can be identified as being part of this community, eg a luggage tag with a colour in it like lime green or bright orange. It could say 365 too if you wanted. This is so we could introduce ourselves if we saw this and knew this was 'the code'. I often see people taking pics and wonder if they are part of 365.

Thoughts?

31/5/15 - Wow that started the creative juices flowing. Thanks for the feedback. Thumbs up by all accounts. Let's see if Ross @Scrivna has any thoughts on moving forward with this idea. 👍🏼
May 30th, 2015
What a great idea...

Have you ever done, or planned and 365 merchandise Ross?
@Scrivna
May 30th, 2015
Often wondered if people are 365rs too when seeing people taking shots. The label/tag would need to have 365 on it apart from bright colour. Think its a great idea, more work for Ross though! @scrivna
May 30th, 2015
@bulldog @jennywren I didn't necessarily think @scrivna had to do it, though would be cool if he did. If consensus thinks a good idea, we could do it ourselves.
May 30th, 2015
Jo
Great idea. I saw a lady getting right up close to a hibiscus bush the other day and I automatically wondered if she was a 365er. Something simple like a yellow ribbon tied onto the camera strap would be enough to identify as belonging to 365.
May 30th, 2015
This would be a great idea!
May 30th, 2015
Hey, yeah I have thought about this before, maybe a small pin badge or something?
May 30th, 2015
This would be an excellent idea! Something that could be id from a distance, perhaps a pin badge is a bit small. A tag on your camera strap or bag?
May 30th, 2015
I love it! Some of us don't have camera straps or bags (I keep my small Canon in my purse) but we could pin the badges on our shirts or jackets
May 30th, 2015
I have walked up to strangers taking photos (when I have a burst of extrovert-ness) and told them about this site. I've thought how cool it would be to have a card I could give them with a 365 logo!
May 30th, 2015
I want a banner!;-) I'd wear a tee. I like the photo mama tees.
May 30th, 2015
Will be a good business for U,Ross @scrivna -sell us some tee shirts,hats,backpacks,pins,scarfs,etc--as long as there's a cool "Project 365" logo in it--:)
May 30th, 2015
Wonderful idea but I am not sure if anyone would like to meet the real me. I even scare the bejazus out of Mr @padlock
May 30th, 2015
Awesome idea!
May 30th, 2015
I would go for it. often wondered myself. let's see what Ross will come up with.
May 30th, 2015
King rings and zipper pulls would be cool... I don't think it has to be anything obvious or flashy :)
May 30th, 2015
Sigh... "Key" rings
May 30th, 2015
Great idea...something easy to notice if we're looking for it but not that noticeable to others. Key rings are useful as they can be clipped to purses, camera bags or even a belt loop. Something that can easily be moved around to different items for those of us who change camera bags or sometimes only carry a camera.
May 30th, 2015
I really, really like this idea. A simple tag like that on a key ring would work as others have suggested
May 30th, 2015
I love the ideas that are coming through on this thread. I, too, have often wondered if other 365ers are close by.
May 30th, 2015
I like the idea of a camera strap tag for ID purposes, and any other additional 365 logo stuff for fun like hats, shirts, etc...
May 30th, 2015
@Scrivna Hi Ross, think it would be a great idea to have a pin badge or something small that we could attach to a camera strap.
May 30th, 2015
@creampuff Eve, you've set a challenge now.........I reckon it would be fun to meet you ;-D maybe @padlock just scares easily!
May 30th, 2015
I'll second that ... or third or hundredth it, judging by the immediate interest here!
May 30th, 2015
I like northy's idea of a key ring or zipper pull. Small and unobtrusive but easily recognisable. @northy
May 30th, 2015
Good idea, Andrea. I'm clicking away in the Tasman district and I know that there is another 365er in the town because other friends of mine have met her. I have seen many, many enzedders work posted on here since I stumbled in to this site in Oct 2013.
May 30th, 2015
Thinking further about this, a key ring tag would be great and with all the creativity pouring into this website I'm sure someone could up with something tasteful yet eycatching. If Ross didn't want to be bothered with merchandise another photo services online retail site might be interested in making and selling the product - e.g. snapfish.
May 30th, 2015
Count me in!
May 30th, 2015
@pixiemac I think it might be my hairy legs that scares him off Sarah
May 30th, 2015
Cool! I'm in, short of an emblem hanging from a nose piercing...
May 30th, 2015
I am in too, I have made a couple of very special friends in person on 365 and several more virtual ones, each much appreciated. It would be lovely to spot more. The zip tag which could clip and swap as needed, seems a good option.
May 30th, 2015
How fun! Of course the meet-ups I've had were all pre-arranged by myself and others, but wouldn't it be a nice surprise to be shooting somewhere and see "the pin"! That and the key ring idea is most appealing to me but I'd probably like a 365 camera strap or lens cap too!
May 31st, 2015
Great ideas....
May 31st, 2015
Pin and key ring seem most useful for starters. I think it's a great idea!
May 31st, 2015
I think a bright 365 key ring would work on just about anything. Zippers, bags, purses, straps, whatever. ooooooh.
May 31st, 2015
@Scrivna - well that thread started something Ross! What's your thoughts?
May 31st, 2015
I want a t-shirt!
May 31st, 2015
Good idea Andrea, I think the luggage tag with 365 written on it.. don't want anything too small or we will be paring at everyone looking for their button/badge.. I have met 2 oversea's 365ers so far but have touched base with Kiwi 365ers but still not meet them.. soon..
May 31st, 2015
I agree andrea especially since I saw alip a and nic at port waikato not realising they were 365ers so missed an opportunity to meet them
May 31st, 2015
Hi, I'd be interested in this idea. I think it is great.
May 31st, 2015
@pixiemac @creampuff That Creamy Puff person doesn't frighten me at all in fact he is afraid of me when I have had a blueberry muffin. If you wish to meet the Puffy Cream person that can be arranged, you may be surprised.
@scrivna we discussed this a while ago, come on Ross marketing opportunity for you.
May 31st, 2015
Great idea I would be very interested.
May 31st, 2015
@Scrivna come on Ross we discussed this months ago on a London meet. How about we decide colours for background and 365. We then get a badge made locally in the same colours. Job done.
May 31st, 2015
Another idea is an extra field on the website that people could enter Country / State / Town or region if they wanted to be located. Others could then search for their region.
June 1st, 2015
I want one of everything! I would love to have a 365 t-shirt!
June 1st, 2015
You could have a witty t-shirt, like, "I do it 365 days a year" :)
June 1st, 2015
@karlow75 that is way too funny!
June 2nd, 2015
How about a really simple and cheap solution. But some twine, ribbon, string in the three primary colours(red,green and blue) then attach them to you camera strap/bag where they can be seen. We all look at the camera to see what type it is so you could then identify a 365'er. Looking for mine now.
June 2nd, 2015
@andreajoy I think that's a great idea. I have often wondered if there are any 365ers in the top of the south. Marlborough Blenheim or even Nelson!! Key rings? @karlow75 doesn't everyone? Lol
June 2nd, 2015
Have just bought a mixed box of key rings in the right colours plus yellow for a £1 from a pound shop in the UK. Will be seeing some 365'ers soon so shall be kind and give them some.
Write a Reply