Architectural August

July 28th, 2015
Hello everyone. I'm 200 plus images into my 365 project and have just shot my everyday life, whatever caught my attentions, and on some days whatever I could find before I went to bed.

I live in southern New England and we have over 400 years of buildings and various styles and types of architecture in our region. From early settlements, to colonial days,through the industrial revolution, and to modern day there is a wide array of buildings and architectural types and styles.

So for the month of August I'm concentrating on architecture. If anyone would care to joint me in "Architectural August" I'd love to have the company for the month long journey.

Jim Fitzroy
July 28th, 2015
Oh, fun. I'll have to follow you, so I can see your buildings. I loved the old building that pre-dated American when we lived in NH. What are you tagging this? if you just make the tag architecturalaugust it will be easy for everyone to remember.
July 28th, 2015
Hey Jim, I may try to play along, when I can. I am travelling to Europe so will see lots of architecture, so it will be great. Thanks for posting. Let us know the tag so we can post.
July 28th, 2015
I think I might join in periodically. We have some interesting buildings around, some of which I keep thinking about photographing. This should be the push I need.
July 28th, 2015
I'm with @salza in that I'll try to join in from time to time as well as I'll be traveling in Worcester.
July 28th, 2015
I might be tempted to join in from time to time. Would you be doing different aspects of architectural photography (e.g. old, modern, architectural design, reflections etc.) during the different weeks or would you be leaving it up to the individual to photograph what they want? Thanks.
July 28th, 2015
I would love to follow and might join in from time to time. I have no clue about Architecture but I like buildings. Can people who post add where the photo was taken it would be nice to "see"where the buildings are. Thanks
July 28th, 2015
@homeschoolmom I plan on tagging all of the images Architectural August
July 28th, 2015
@jyokota There are some great old buildings and churches in Worcester. Make sure you visit Holy Cross College
July 28th, 2015
@la_photographic Laura, I'm just going to capture whatever strikes me on buildings. It may be the whole structure or just and architectural detail.
July 28th, 2015
It sounds really interesting and I may try some, too, if I can. I will also follow you, Jim, to see your shots.
July 28th, 2015
That does sound like a good idea for August. I did pretty good the frist 1/2 of the year but since then have only taken and posted a few shots. We don't quite have that history our here in Montana but , will try anyway. I will follow you so I can see some of the interesting buildings you have back there.
July 28th, 2015
@stevej Montana!! That's one of the best places I've ever visited. My next trip out west is definitely going to be Glacier nat. park and hopefully down into Yellowstone.
July 28th, 2015
@jfitzroy50 Definitely a lot of great photo opportunities in both parks
July 29th, 2015
Hi Jim- sounds like a fun challenge you've set up here. At present I'm without a car so the entire month would be a real stretch for someone who basically lives in the woods! But I will try to jump in for at least a week with some of my archived shots. Just for your info concerning tags. The way you have it listed now is actually two tags: Architectural and August. If you want it to read the two words together you'll need to hyphenate it (Architectural-August) or list it like Lisa suggested (architecturalaugust). Having done quite a few month long challenges, the easier the tag the better. You may also want to suggest people post some of their shots on a discussion board. It's fun to be inspired by other photographers here. And congratulations on reaching photo #200!
July 29th, 2015
Thank you. I will tag the images with a hyphen so they are real clear. I'm looking forward to working with just one theme/assignment for a stretch!
July 30th, 2015
@jfitzroy50 -- thanks for the tip! I'll be in town for a week for a conference but surely with time to poke around with camera!
August 2nd, 2015
This sounds interesting Jim. I will try to take part for some of the time - not sure I can do the whole month. I will follow you to see what you get up to.
August 2nd, 2015
@jfitzroy50 This sounds fun. I would be interested to join in some of the time and will follow you.
August 4th, 2015
I think this might be just the thing to get me re-motivated. I don't promise to post every day, but I'll get some done. We don't have the history here in NZ that you do, but we have a few different styles. Thanks for the inspiration.
August 4th, 2015
Should be fun Keri, I'm looking forward to seeing architecture from your part of the world!
Write a Reply