artist challenge - FRED HERZOG

October 2nd, 2015
flattered and humbled by a one-vote win to have the honour of hosting this segment of the artist challenge. thank you all.

i have chosen to feature a Canadian photographer for this challenge, namely FRED HERZOG. "He is known primarily for his photographs of life in Vancouver, Canada. His work focuses primarily on working class people, and their connections to the city around them. He worked primarily with slide film (mostly Kodachrome), which limited his ability to exhibit, and also marginalized him somewhat as an artist in the 1950s and 1960s when most work was in Black and White. However, he has been increasingly recognized in recent decades. His work has appeared in numerous books, and various galleries, including the Vancouver Art Gallery." (wikipedia.org)

Some of his photographs can be viewed here:

http://www.equinoxgallery.com/artists/fred-herzog/art/23718

if you google "fred herzog" you probably might find other sites that feature his work.

here's a rather lengthy but worth reading article on Herzog:

http://canadianart.ca/features/fred-herzog-art-of-observation/

street photographers would probably love this challenge; and for those who are thinking of starting to do street photography or haven’t yet, this is your chance. you may take a photograph that is in the photographer’s style; you may emulate a certain photograph if at all possible, or simply be inspired by the artist's work.

the challenge starts today, October 1, 2015 and ends at midnight EST (Toronto/New York time) on Saturday, October 10, 2015. only photographs taken on or between these dates will be chosen for voting by your peers.

please tag your photographs: ac-herzog

you may opt to post your entry on to this discussion. if you do, simply click on the three dots (…) at the bottom of your photo’s narrative, copy the Embed Code and paste it on your comment here. you may submit multiple entries.

looking forward to seeing your entries.

October 2nd, 2015
you are being tagged here because you had entered in previous artist challenges or expressed interest in putting in an entry. if you do not wish to be tagged in future challenges, please let us know, but be nice, please.

@678tabby @adayinmallacoota @alicenellis @altadc @amyhughes @anazad511 @anbeone @andrewkru @andrina @andycoleborn @angelamartel @annied @aprilmilani @archaeofrog @archielogical @baldsinger @barrowlane @bella_ss @bernicrumb @bill_fe @blahowd @bluebell @blueberry1222 @bonnielark @boxplayer @brianarmoured @brigette @bruni @cameraholic @catwoman2 @cazink @cazla @cdonohoue @cgoose @channelf @charmboxstudios @cimes1 @colie @crewnelson @custodiabaptista @cwebb @dablodger @dejongdd @denvern8v @dextermurray @dh @dibzgreasley @dixon @dmdfday @dollycreek @dtigani @edie @edpartridge @egad @eevarita @elaine55 @elfurth @epcello @flyrobin @francoise @frida @fueast @gamelee @gavincci @genealogygenie @gigiz @giverny @gizzlysghost @golftragic @gozoinklings @graemestevens @grammyn @haze65 @hjbenson @homeschoolmum @hopess13 @houdiniem @irisn @ingrid2101 @janim @jannkc @jankoos @jase_again @jayberg @jesperani @jess1204 @jillianpfennig @jo13 @joemuli @joeyc @joansmor @jocasta @jsw0109 @judithdeacon @judithg @juliac @justaspark @jyakota @kali66 @kamen088 @kcman5 @krisztinalacz @lambda @la_photographic @laynesgram @leonbuys83 @lesleyallen @lindag @lindseying @lillula @lynbonn @lizranger @lleo @louuncouth @snail @fearinnocent @cjpei @mingr @lleo @louuncouth @lstasel @luka365 @luvmynynix @lyno @m9f9l @mantha @mara19500 @mastermek @mathilde22cat @melanierivers @mercuria @mikegifford @mlulu191 @mummarazzii @mzzhope @nadaa @nancyperry @nicolecampbell @nookie72 @northy @olivetreeann @omabluebird @orangecrush @panic_c_button @paulam @payalminhas @peterdegraaff @photohoot @pipat @polarvrtx @psychographer @rachelwithey @rennes @rikshore @rockinrobyn @roseolivia @ryanarra2 @salza @sassik @sassyinma @seejillrun @semjaja @sianipops @silverlight @sioux @smapp @smevvy @so-lo-webb @soseema @spanner @stephomy @steveh @suebarni @sullivar @summerbl4ck @summerfield @sunshinephoto5 @susale @swguevin @syncope @synke @taffy @tammeray @taz_o @tealgarciaphotography @thomasthoth @tigerdreamer @transatlantic99 @twistergirl @voiceprintz @vstap @welcometocarolworld @wenbow @willowdragon @yaorenliu @zabcoloma @mdcteasers @gratefulness @christineaz
October 2nd, 2015
Loving his work...I've been poking through. Great choice!
October 2nd, 2015
Great choice, his photos are amazing
October 2nd, 2015
fab choice...great stuff...
October 2nd, 2015
really good choice!
October 2nd, 2015
looks like a great choice - my busy time is about to resume so I will see if I can get the ideas happening
October 2nd, 2015
brilliant an big fav of mine...
October 4th, 2015
an entry for the challenge!
October 4th, 2015
@jackies365 - thank you, jackie!
November 29th, 2015
@summerfield Hi I would like to part of the artist challenge . Is that possible ?
November 29th, 2015
@majmanczak - maj, this particular artist/segment had finished and the current one is now in its voting stage. we will add your name to the list and you will be tagged when the new artist challenge is up and running. thank you. @kali66
November 29th, 2015
@summerfield @kali66 Thank you I look forward :-)
Write a Reply