Colour variations

October 3rd, 2015
I use a MacBook Pro to work on my digital images but I've noticed that some colours once posted to 365 are quite different when viewed on my iPad. This makes me wonder what colour quality do those viewing my work can expect?
October 3rd, 2015
Yep I have same issue... no answers though
October 3rd, 2015
As a start, you do have the "color space" set to sRGB? In your editor, and/or in the camera if you are shooting SOOC. 365 is a little "backward" and will not render anything else satisfactorily in a browser. Adobe RGB, ProPhoto RGB or Apple RGB just will not get it done for 365. Other Internet sites not specifically dedicated to photos likewise. If your main work is on the Internet, sRGB is your safe choice.
October 4th, 2015
@frankhymus
Thanks for that Frank.
I was using ProPhoto RGB but have changed to sRGB as you suggest, it is much better though still not perfect.
Probably iPad that, for some reason known only to apple, doesn't resolve image colour in the same way as does their MacBook!
Thanks any way.
October 4th, 2015
Don't forget that everybody sets up their color space on their computer differently (if they set it up at all). Each monitor is a bit different. Everybody will see the colors just a bit different. In other words, you will have to relinquish some control for online images, there will be variations no matter what you do.
Write a Reply