Mundane Challenge - Nail

November 26th, 2015
Thank you xo @daily50. You did a smashing job hosting the last Mundane Challenge featuring the clock.

The new mundane object is the NAIL (the metal kind). There are so many different nails to choose from: long, short, shiny, rusty, straight, bent, small, big, the list goes on and on!

You are free to use any photographic technique you like to capture this everyday object. The main rule; there can be no question that the object of the challenge, the nail, is the star!

The competition starts right now and will run through Saturday December 5. Voting will start Sunday December 6 and run through Thursday December 10. I will announce the winner on Friday December 11. Feel free to submit more than one entry. However, to be considered for voting your image must be taken during the competition time frame.

Tag your entry: mundane-nail, give it a click to see the other photos already entered.

Please feel free to post your images in the thread below.I look forward to seeing your entries!

Here is the list of objects used so far: ice, toothbrush, screwdriver, veggie peeler, bar of soap, scissors, electric plug, paper clip, jar, language, cardboard, toothpick, hex key, hair comb, screw, button, key, coin, ballpoint pen, shoe, glass, plastic bag, thread, books, lightbulb, toilet paper, envelopes, door handle, tea bag, broom, tin can, egg(s), shoelaces, clothes peg/pin, wheel, mailbox, pill, bottle, chain, zipper, seed(s), vegetable(s), cutlery, playing cards, mobile phone, pasta, chair, camera, blanket, paper, rubber, tack, hanger, index finger, mouse (non-furry), sock, bubbles, candles, bread and beds, tap (faucet), strainer, match, umbrella, paintbrush(es), corkscrew, stairs, mirror, rock, cup/mug, knob, buckle, rake, power pole, box and clock.

November 26th, 2015

November 26th, 2015
November 26th, 2015
Nice choice! Especially thinking about rusty ones!
November 26th, 2015
Love this theme, Kate!!
November 26th, 2015
Mmm, I have an idea that has been floating around for a while, best I put the thought into practice!
November 26th, 2015
@dibzgreasley @emrob @salza So excited to see what you will come up with!!
November 27th, 2015

November 27th, 2015
@kategoring
Kate I was wondering if you wouldn't consider extending the challenge to two weeks so that I can find some time to do something for it. I see that the abstract version hasn't been posted yet either. If you give it more time perhaps they can catch up too?

Tagging Poppy @ahleena who was the winner of the abstract mundane.
November 27th, 2015
@dibzgreasley I can appreciate the need for more time. If I extend the competition to the Saturday (Dec. 5) instead of the Tuesday, would that help? Voting would then be from Sunday to Thursday and I would announce the winner on Friday December 11th . Based on my own schedule for the upcoming weeks, I would prefer to not extend the dates much further. Perhaps if the abstract version is still behind, the next host could postpone the next challenge until they catch up. Please let me know what you think.
November 27th, 2015
@kategoring
Hi Kate, that would be great, thank you. In the past I've seen challenges with a shorter voting period too if you want to shorten that to suit? I understand that we all have other things apart from 365 which are in the real world!
November 27th, 2015
@dibzgreasley Hi Debs! I actually altered the dates a little bit in my response while you were typing, so sorry! I had the same idea of shortening the voting period. I also need to have the voting end prior to the weekend. If you have time, please checkout my earlier thread. Can I just edit the original challenge post or do I need to make a new post as well to announce the extension of the dates? Thanks for your help and understanding.
November 27th, 2015
@kategoring
Just edit this original one I think, and tag anyone who has commented with new info.
November 27th, 2015
@kathyb @emrob @salza @moya Just wanted to let you all know that the deadline dates have been extended for this challenge. Gives you just a little more time to take some shots of your nail/nails. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
November 27th, 2015
@kategoring Thanks Kate. I must really get my act together and produce something!
November 28th, 2015
November 30th, 2015
Write a Reply