Mundane Challenge - Hammer

February 6th, 2016
Thank you, @dibzgreasley for hosting the last mundane challenge! I was thrilled to be selected as the winner, and now it's my turn to come up with the new challenge.

The subject for the new challenge will be hammer. Specifically, the hand tool used for smashing things and driving in nails.

You are free to use any photographic technique you like to capture this everyday object. The main rule: there can be no question that the object of the challenge (in this case, a hammer) is the star!

Please feel free to enter as many times as you like, but your entry must be taken within the challenge time frame to be considered a finalist.
If you want, you are encouraged to share entries on this thread to help inspire others and keep it alive! Also, when you post your shot for the challenge, please cut and paste the link to the thread so folk who are new to the site can see how it works.

Please tag your entries: mundane-hammer
You can see all the entries here mundane-hammer

Challenge timeline:
The competition begins now and will run through until midnight GMT on Monday, February 15th.
Voting will start on Tuesday, February 16 and conclude on Saturday, February 20th.
I will announce the winner on Sunday, February 21st.

Here is the list of items that have been used before:
ice, toothbrush, screwdriver, veggie peeler, bar of soap, scissors, electric plug, paper clip, jar, language, cardboard, toothpick, hex key, hair comb, screw, button, key, coin, ballpoint pen, shoe, glass, plastic bag, thread, books, lightbulb, toilet paper, envelopes, door handle, tea bag, broom, tin can, egg(s), shoelaces, clothes peg/pin, wheel, mailbox, pill, bottle, chain, zipper, seed(s), vegetable(s), cutlery, playing cards, mobile phone, pasta, chair, camera, blanket, paper, rubber, tack, hanger, index finger, mouse (non-furry), sock, bubbles, candles, bread and beds, tap (faucet), strainer, match, umbrella, paintbrush(es), corkscrew, stairs, mirror, rock, cup/mug, knob, buckle, rake, power pole, box, clock, nail, gears, hinge, waste paper basket
February 6th, 2016
February 6th, 2016
@houser934 - Hello, Kathryn! I've posted the new mundane subject.
February 6th, 2016
Cool choice and like you shot!
February 6th, 2016
Great choice.
February 6th, 2016
yay hammer, if i ever won that would have been my choice, gotta do it :)
February 6th, 2016
February 6th, 2016
February 7th, 2016

February 7th, 2016
February 9th, 2016
Write a Reply