HAMMERS! Don't forget the Abstract-Mundane challenge!

February 6th, 2016
Do you have a hammer in your toolbox? This is a great opportunity to see what you can do with this mundane object.

This Challenge has the same topic as the Mundane Challenge. The topic is chosen by the winner of the last Mundane Challenge which was won by Gene McDaniel (@regex) and he has chosen “HAMMER” for the new challenge.

No double-dipping....your images for this Challenge MUST DIFFER from any image you submit to the regular Mundane Challenge. This is your chance to be even more imaginative in the use of the mundane item.. You are welcome to use any photographic techniques you would like to portray this mundane object in an abstract way.

You may enter as many photos on the subject as you'd like, but they need to be taken during the challenge time frame to be considered for the finals:

February 6th, 2016 through Monday, February 15th (I’ll cut off at midnight US Eastern Standard). Voting will start on Tuesday, February 16 and conclude on Saturday, February 20th.
I will announce the winner on Sunday, February 21st.

Please tag your entries: abstract-hammer

You can see entries here or http://365project.org/tags/abstract-hammer

If you can, please post your abstract-hammer photos below to inspire others to participate and keep the thread alive and active.

The winner of the abstract portion of this challenge will host the next challenge after the regular mundane object has been chosen.

Here is a list of objects that have already been used: ice, toothbrush, screwdriver, veggie peeler, bar of soap, scissors, electric plug, paper clip, jar, language, cardboard, toothpick, hex key, hair comb, screw, button, key, coin, ballpoint pen, shoe, glass, plastic bag, thread, books, lightbulb, toilet paper, envelopes, door handle, tea bag, broom, tin can, egg(s), shoelaces, clothes peg/pin, wheel, mailbox, pill, bottle, chain, zipper, seed(s), vegetable(s), cutlery, playing cards, mobile phone, pasta, chair, camera, blanket, paper, rubber, tack, hanger, index finger, mouse (non furry), sock, bubbles, candles, bread, beds, tap (faucet), strainer, match, umbrella, paintbrush/es, corkscrew, stairs, mirror, rock, cup/mug, knob, buckle, rake, power pole, box, clock, nail, gears, hinge, wastepaper-basket.
February 6th, 2016
Here's my first attempt to get the ball rolling...

February 7th, 2016
Here's my effort:

February 7th, 2016
February 7th, 2016
February 7th, 2016
February 8th, 2016
February 15th, 2016
I had this image in mind, after seeing someone else's post for the mundane challenge, and had to follow it. Not sure how "abstract" it really is, tho...

Write a Reply