*NEW ALBUM COVER CHALLENGE*!!

May 30th, 2016
Greetings 365ers!

Thank you so much for voting for my album cover last week and thanks for hosting it Tabitha! Congratulations to all the finalists and the new comers (like me!) I hope we have the same fantastic standards and even more people joining in this time! Remember...multiple entries are encouraged! Time for Album Cover Challenge 65 - instructions below...

If you are new to 365 or to this challenge, the album cover challenge is an excellent opportunity to use those photos lurking in the archives and to edit to your heart’s content!

Here's how to get the information for your album cover:

1. Go to Wikipedia and choose the link for "Random Article" on the top left side of the page. The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your musician(s) or band.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

2. Go to Quotations Page and choose "Random Quotes" from the left menus. Scroll down to the end of the page. The last 4 to 6 words of the very last quote on the page are the title of your album.

http://www.quotationspage.com

3. Next, find or take a photo of yours that fits the album name and artist(s). Album covers are square, so don't forget to crop it.

4. Then, use your favorite editing program to create your cover (or, if you don't have one, Ace members have free access to picmonkey.com -- and there are many other free programs out there). You can use any image of yours for the album, old or new, but you must use your own images and do all processing for the cover during the time frame of the challenge.

5. You can enter multiple times.

6. Tag your entries: albumcoverchallenge65

In addition to tagging your image, please post your album to this thread, too. It helps keep this thread active and inspires others when they see the creativity out there! That means it will show up on the discussion lists to the right of the home page. It also helps bring in more participants!

To post a photo on this thread:
1) Go to your page that has the photo you would like to post.
2) Click on the three dots (...) just below the bottom right of your picture.
3) Find the 'Embed Code' box and right click on it to copy it, then paste it to this thread.

Timeframe
Challenge 65 begins today, Tuesday 31st May and ends Monday 13th June at midnight, GMT. Finalists will be chosen and posted on Tuesday 14th of June, voting will be open until Thursday 16th of June, and the winner will be announced on the 17th of June (my birthday!!! )
To view other submissions from previous challenges, navigate to the tag albumcoverchallenge64 or click on this link
http://365project.org/tags/albumcoverchallenge64

Feel free to post your artist and album names to this thread when you've got them.

If you have any questions or need help getting started, just post to this thread. All the best - can't wait to see your entries!! 😀

Disha
May 31st, 2016
Thanks Disha and congrats on your album cover. It was well loved!

My artist is: George Morrow (computers)
Album title is: Solely in my Tenacity (Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.) - Lois Pasteur
May 31st, 2016
@photographynewbie Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
May 31st, 2016
Artist: The French
Title: Everyone can see it

The French are a British rock band, formed by Darren Hayman and John Morrison after the band Hefner declared an indefinite hiatus.

Quote: It’s such a part of me, I assume Everyone can see it. - Hugh Elliott, Standing Room Only weblog, 02-09-05
June 1st, 2016
Artist : Auzon (a commune in south-central France)
Title : Forgetting what might sting

May I forget what ought to be forgotten; and recall, unfailing, all that ought to be recalled, each kindly thing, forgetting what might sting. -
Mary Caroline Davies

I'm thinking Indie / Electronic .... :D

June 1st, 2016
WOO-HOO!!! Here we goooo!! Thanks for not making us wait! 😀 😀
June 1st, 2016
June 1st, 2016
Compliments Disha, and thank you for starting soon!
Here's my entry (will post in the next few days)
Band: Hypercompe Peruvensis
(a moth of the Arctiidae family. It is found in Peru)
Title: Common sense and Plain dealing
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882): Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing.
June 1st, 2016
Here is my album cover. Photo was taken today (June 1) but posted on earlier day so I could edit it and not affect the original :) This is a photo of the ripples and bubbles made by my back yard pond fountain. Artist and Title from Wiki and Random quotes.

June 3rd, 2016
June 3rd, 2016

Congratulations Disha. Well deserved. Here is my offering for number 65. Good luck everyone.
June 3rd, 2016
So many great submissions so far!
June 9th, 2016
Oh, I'm so far behind!! Congratulations Disha, it was a fabulous entry!

Right, I'd best get some details for this....
June 9th, 2016
Okay, I've got Hydrogen-cooled turbo generator, and "What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expected generally happens" Benjamin Disraeli....I'm doomed!
June 9th, 2016
I got Jeffrey Tessler for an artist and "I have found power in the mysteries of thought." - Euripides for my quote.

Here is my entry:
June 9th, 2016
I can't resist these and I've been away and nearly missed it !
Nishi Padma. - A 1970 Bengali Film

My quote is from H L Mencken

June 12th, 2016
cutting close on the deadline, but made it!
June 12th, 2016
Haven't done one of these for a while...

Full quote: In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Album title: stand like a rock.
Artist: Henri Beaulieu
June 12th, 2016
@dishaparekh176 Hi Disha
I see in the thread info that you have both albumcoverchallenge65 and albumcoverchallenge64? Which is this one please?
Thanks
June 12th, 2016
And this is mine!
June 12th, 2016
@dibzgreasley This one is albumcoverchallenge65. In my description, I only mentioned 64, if people wanted to see entries from PREVIOUS challenges for inspiration. :)
Write a Reply