WINNER - Tag Challenge #127

June 22nd, 2016
It was a very close race and only one vote separated Jackie R @30pics4jackiesdiamond and her "food" and "flag" photo from our runner-up to emerge as winner. Congratulations, Jackie R! Now, over to you to host the next tag challenge #128.

Thank you, everyone, for participating and for voting.
June 22nd, 2016
@summerfield OMG!!!! Please advise on what I do!!!
Thank you everyone who voted for my first ever completion entry!!!
June 22nd, 2016
@30pics4jackiesdiamond - :-) look at the last challenge and essentially copy it, set the dates of your challenge (usually lasting 10 to 14 days and the tag to be used.

to post it, click on "themes and competitions". the screen changes to show the list of the latest challenges going on. on the top right is a black button that says "New Topic" - click on that and a black template appears. you put your title on the subject (be careful of spelling as you won't be able to edit that once you post the challenge) and you paste on the "Your Post" space the challenge. That's it. If you have any other questions, let me know by tagging me in a comment here. good luck, kiddo.
June 22nd, 2016
@summerfield ta. ;)
June 24th, 2016
Congratulations! Great photo! :D
June 25th, 2016
@sonorobyn thank you.
June 25th, 2016
Great photo. Such a creative marriage of the tags. Brilliant!
June 25th, 2016
Congratulations!
June 26th, 2016
@granagringa @thislifeimages thank you both.
July 1st, 2016
@summerfield Hello!
Thanks for guidance on how to set up challenge.................. all done successfully (I think and hope). Would you mind guiding me now on how to organise setting up the judging please. I have no idea how to move photos around this site!! Many thanks, Jackie
July 1st, 2016
@30pics4jackiesdiamond - you did well with the set up of your challenge. bravo! now, when the time comes to select your choices (good luck to you and hope you won't get a headache :-D) and then set up for the voting, this is what i usually do:

i draft everything first on a blank email page so that if i change my mind about my any of my choices, i can easily make a change before i post it.

when you go to the photo you want to include, you click on the 3 dots (...) at the end or bottom of the photo - right beside the star button. when you click on those 3 dots, a little window will appear with the "Embed Code". copy that code on to your draft. and so on and so forth.

one tip: make sure your title (or subject) is correct - spelling, etc. as that you cannot change, unlike the body of your post.

that's more or less it! if you need more help or if i'm not making sense, email me vikkisummerfield@gmail.com

July 1st, 2016
thank you Vikki. I'll attempt all on my return from holiday ( vacation to you!) You've been verypatint. Never noticed the ... before!!!
July 4th, 2016
Happy July 4!!!
Sorry one more question........how do I find peoples' photos?????
July 4th, 2016
@30pics4jackiesdiamond - you click on the thumbnail. :-)
July 14th, 2016
@summerfield Hi Vikki, just to say a HUGE THANK YOU for your help and forbearance in helping me host the tag competion. As you will have seen I think I've started the voting session all on my own!!! Best wishes, Jackie
PS don't think I'll be in a hurry to enter another competition incase I win!!!
July 14th, 2016
@30pics4jackiesdiamond - you are most welcome. . and i see you now know how to change your comments on a discussion. good for you! :-D

but seriously, entering competitions are the best way to learn. you should look out for the artist challenge, i learned mostly from that, as well as the technique challenges. you should also try the get-pushed challenge.

and now that you have experience in winning and hosting a challenge, why stop? gotta put your knowledge to use, you know!
July 14th, 2016
@summerfield OK!!!!
Write a Reply