Samsung Galaxy 6 Users

July 23rd, 2016
I'm just putting a call out to any 365'ers who may use a Galaxy 6 for photography. I'm wondering if anyone has used a 3rd party ap that allows you to adjust the shutter speed. I've tried a few, and as yet I have had no luck. Either they don't work, or there are so many ad's I can't wait to delete the ap quick enough.

Thanks
July 24th, 2016
@deborah63
I rarely use my phone for photography, but occasionally I want to remember something so I use it to take a photo.
I bought Camera FV-5 for around $3.00 It has shutter priority as an option and can be adjusted from below 1/6 to 1/2000, or auto. It also enables shooting in RAW.
July 24th, 2016
Debbie, I am a Samsung 6 user. I have never used another app for shutterspeed and I rarely use all of the options in the settings, but if you go to "pro" under the setting in MODE, you can adjust the shutter speed, ISO, WB, Manual, and other options. I do see in settings an option for RAW as well. Now that you mention it, I may just start playing. I LOVE my S6 for photography. I had the S3 and loved it, and then I got the S5--that camera was horrible. Let me know if what I've told you helps! Good to know another S6 user!
July 24th, 2016
@bill_fe Thanks Bill... Ill check that one out.
July 24th, 2016
@darylo Thanks Daryl. Is your Model a 6+
Unfortunate my PRO setting doesn't have the Shutter speed option:( From the research that I've done I believe the Galaxy 6+ has that option but the plain old 6 doesn't. I was hoping that a work around is with a 3rd party ap.
July 24th, 2016
@deborah63 Mine is not a 6+ and is the plain old S6. I investigated it last night. I went to MODE, then I went into Pro, and there is light adjustment, shutter (set to auto, but once you touch it, you can use a slider to pick a shutter speed). I don't see an aperture setting. Are you sure your phone does not have these options?
July 24th, 2016
@deborah63 Oh, and I have no idea, but have you updated the system--maybe there are camera updates?
July 24th, 2016
@darylo
I'm at a loss... I definitely don't have shutter in my Pro Mode. I'm pretty sure I have the latest update of 5.1.1. Maybe I'll try and run the update again and hopefully that will fix the problem.
I've just uploaded a screen shot of my pro menu on my album, so if you get a chance would you mind looking to see if I'm a complete dunce and just can't see it...
I appreciate your help Daryl....
July 25th, 2016
Hi, I have a new S6 so don't know much about it as yet but when I go into the camera and click the screen for focus it gives me the option to lighten or darken which I assume is shutter speed. Although the settings don't come up for me as it's just in auto. I haven't read Daryl's link above but I have just clicked on "pro" and while in that mode then click on "auto" and the shutter speed setting comes up as a slider. I have just looked at your screen shot and you are missing the "auto" between "iso auto" and the "0+&-" on the left. You must need to update the camera as mine is just new so would be the latest version.
July 25th, 2016
Oh, I see Daryl has just said the same thing I did :) Mine is also not the 6+
July 25th, 2016
@bella_ss thanks for your info Sheralee. Despite running an update that has not gixed my problem. .. very odd. I'll be heading into the store to see if tgere us a hardware issue with the phone.
July 25th, 2016
@deborah63 forgot to mention. Have fun playing with your new camera. I'm still blown away with the quality and dof that you can achieve with this phone. I love it.
Write a Reply