Abstract mudane blinds challenge

October 19th, 2016
Thank you for your very generous votes on my abstract pillow case. I had 50% chance of winning because there were only 2 entries! Lol.

The abstract mundane object for this week is BLINDS.

You are allowed to use any photographic technique you like to capture this everyday object (blinds). THE MAIN RULE: there can be no question that the object of the challenge (in this case, blinds) is the star! So try not to let your props steal the attention away from this mundane object.

Challenge starts on Tuesday 18th October and ends on Tuesday the 25th October at midnight Cayman Islands time, after which finalists will be chosen and posted for voting. You may enter as many photos as you would like, provided they are taken within the time frame of the challenge.

You are encouraged to post your entries on this thread to inspire others and keep this thread alive.

Please tag your entries: Mundane-abstract-blinds

Objects so far in this competition include: ice, toothbrush, screwdriver, veggie peeler, bar of soap, scissors, electric plug, paper clip, jar, language, cardboard, toothpick, hex key, hair comb, screw, button, key, coin, ballpoint pen, shoe, glass, plastic bag, thread, books, lightbulb, toilet paper, envelopes, door handle, tea bag, broom, tin can, egg(s), shoelaces, clothes peg/pin, wheel, mailbox, pill, bottle, chain, zipper, seed(s), vegetable(s), cutlery, playing cards, mobile phone, pasta, chair, camera, blanket, paper, rubber, tack, hanger, index finger, mouse (non furry), sock, bubbles, candles, bread, beds, tap (faucet), strainer, match, umbrella, paintbrush/es, corkscrew, stairs, mirror, rock, cup/mug, knob, buckle, rake, power pole, box, clock, nail, gears, hinge, wastepaper-basket, hammer, cheese grater, ruler, glasses, gate, chocolate, towel, light-switch, iron, garlic, banana, and flip flops, blinds.

Have fun!
October 19th, 2016

October 19th, 2016
Congrats Emma :-)
October 19th, 2016
@overalvandaan thank you:)
October 19th, 2016
Nice job Emma! I've done my photo but can't figure out how to add it in the thread here. I'll keep trying :)
October 19th, 2016
@blinkny if you go to your picture and next to the star for favourites there are some dots. Click on the dots and it will show an embedded code. Copy snd paste the embedded code into this thread and your picture will come up.
October 19th, 2016
@emma78 Thanks you so much!!
October 19th, 2016
October 19th, 2016
@blinkny Cool shot. Glad you managed to add it to the thread.
October 20th, 2016
October 20th, 2016
@emma78 Hi Emma. I don't think you've tagged your shot "mundane-abstract-blinds" so it's not coming up in searches.
October 20th, 2016
@helenm2016 thanks I will do it now.
October 21st, 2016
@emma78 OOps - ""You are allowed to use any photographic technique you like to capture this everyday object (blinds). THE MAIN RULE: there can be no question that the object of the challenge (in this case, pillow) is the star! ""

October 21st, 2016
@byrdlip ha ha, you caught me out! Good old copy and paste! I will edit it, well spotted.
October 21st, 2016
October 22nd, 2016
There seem to be two blinds challenges running concurrently. This one and also: http://365project.org/discuss/themes-competitions/28656/new-mundane-challenge-blinds
October 22nd, 2016
@helenm2016 Hi yes, for the mundane challenge there are always 2 that run. One is abstract and one is normal. So because I won the abstract mundane pillow challenge, I host the next abstract challange. The abstract mundane challenge uses the same object as the normal mundane challenge, but you can't enter the same photo into both. I hope that makes sense!
October 22nd, 2016
Ah! I see. Thank you for explaining.
October 23rd, 2016
October 25th, 2016
Popping by with a late entry in the abstract challenge to jointhes other awesome ones -
Write a Reply