The next STREET PHOTOGRAPHY challenge starts today.

October 22nd, 2016
The next SREET PHOTOGRAPHY challenge starts today. There were some absolutely brilliant photos last time - so I was thrilled to win.
It runs from today, October 22nd 2016 until November 11th. Tag your photos street-26

Here is a definition of street photography copied from the original Street Challenge post.

Catching a fleeting moment WHERE THE PRIMARY SUBJECT IS PEOPLE, doing what people do, being what people are and which moves the viewer in some way.
Street photography is often B&W, but not exclusively or necessarily so. Contains a human presence & element even if it is architecturally inclined. Often defined as "Unposed scenes in public places": so, no street portraiture where the subject is posing - although they may catch you & look into the camera! It does not need to be confined to overtly urban areas - could be a beach. Avoid heavy hdr processing, spot-colouring etc...

If you want to give it a go but find yourself wondering, “should I ask permission before shooting strangers in public places?” then the short answer is "no". But you'll find longer and more helpful answers here:

http://365project.org/discuss/general/27464/candid-photos-of-people-do-you-ask-permission

Looking forward to the entries!
October 23rd, 2016
Not sure if this would fit as it feels to serene and isolated to fit the essence of the genre. Just pondering...Street Photography because it's about people in context doing what they do (tourist in the western US overshadowed by the surroundings) or it isn't focused on people (person is overshadowed by the surroundings). Just posting for the fun of thinking of street photography under different circumstances.
October 24th, 2016
Well i think it fits. "Contains a human element even if it is architecturally inclined" And whats more it is a fantastic shot. My question. Can i enter more than one?
October 25th, 2016
@mcallahan Last time I entered four from my photowalk.
November 6th, 2016
Here's one I took today. A bit early in the season, but traders can't wait!
Write a Reply