Get Pushed Week 222 - Monday October 24 thru Sunday October 30

October 22nd, 2016
for newcomers to "get pushed", i've posted a separate thread with some FAQs about the get pushed challenge... you can find it here:

http://365project.org/discuss/themes-competitions/26946/get-pushed-faqs

PLEASE BE SURE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR PARTNER BY MONDAY AT THE LATEST...

if you do not get a challenge by end of day Monday, please let me know and i will do my best to get things sorted...

If you do not get in touch with your partner by Monday, I will take your name off the list until you let me know that you are back and WILL be playing... this is not meant to be punitive - it is just intended to minimize disappointment for those who are playing consistently :)

A COUPLE OTHER THINGS

-- if i left your name ON by mistake, left your name OFF by mistake, or made a MISTAKE in spelling your name, please let me know by responding to this thread and i'll fix things up...

-- if you are interested in joining this challenge, respond in this thread and i will add you to the list... if it's not too late in the week, you'll likely be able to play this week...

-- if you find you must bow out of the game after i've posted the list, please let me know ASAP in this thread, and please tag your partner... i will do my best to find a them a new partner...

-- if you don't get a challenge by late afternoon Monday, let me know in this thread... PLEASE do not suffer in silence! even if you're ok with not playing this week, the person paired with your partner next week may be very disappointed... letting me know about inactive players is the only way i can keep the list up-to-date...

***********************************************************************************
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!!!!!!

One of the key aspects of "get pushed" is that we get "pushed" out of our photographic comfort zones... this means that you need to find something that is a CHALLENGE for your partner...

Look thru the recent months of their project and come up with something they don't seem to have done, or have indicated struggling with... it could be a type of subject, a compositional technique, a particular camera setting, use of light, anything... as long as it is something they don't seem to have done, or done much of...

If you're paired with someone who appears very experienced and accomplished, give them a concept challenge - eg.: interpret a word (something a bit intangible like "silence", or "ambiguous"... not a thing like "animal" or "toy")...

Looking thru your partner's albums needn't take a lot of time... but it is very much appreciated when this effort is invested...

ALSO IMPORTANT!!!

Explain what your challenge was when posting your shot. This helps the previous week's winner when they are choosing the week's finalists. And if someone is cruising the photos with a "get pushed" tag, they like to see what the challenge was when looking at your photo.

Week 222 Dates

-- Saturday and Sunday October 22 and 23 - find your partner and issue a challenge
-- Monday October 24 thru Sunday October 30 - take a picture (or pictures) in response to the challenge issued to you, and post it with the tag: Get-Pushed-222 and comment on the photos taken in response to your challenge
-- Monday, October 31 - the winner of week 221 will pick 5 finalists for a vote

How to play:

TO ISSUE A CHALLENGE

1. Find your partner from the list below and click on their name to get to their profile

2. Browse through the last couple of months of photos to get a feel for what they shoot and don't shoot etc.

3. Post an introduction on their last photo, and also issue the challenge you are setting.

RESPOND TO A CHALLENGE

4. You have until midnight next Sunday, to take and post your shot or shots.

5. When posting your shot WRITE A SHORT DESCRIPTION about
-- who challenged you,
-- what the challenge was,
-- what you found hard about it etc.

6. Make sure to tag your shot for the challenge.... Get-Pushed-222

7. Tag your challenger in a COMMENT (not just your write-up). You MUST tag your partner in a separate comment... tagging them in your write-up of your photo is not sufficient as it will not result in them getting a notification...

ALSO

8. it is nice to visit the photo that was made in response to your challenge and offer some comments and maybe even some constructive criticism...

9. On the Monday after the challenge is over, the winner of the previous week will pick 5 finalists for a vote, this can be based purely on their fav photos, who they felt best met the challenge etc, etc.

Happy trails!!!!

@joansmor with @farmreporter
@30pics4jackiesdiamond with @salza
@francoise with @sdutoit
@mumswaby with @stephanies
@olenadole with @brett101
@cottiac with @summerfield
@blueace with @lynbonn
@la_photographic with @frappa77
@homeschoolmom with @ellieburgin
@kali66 with @overalvandaan
@lizhammond with @aecasey
@365anne with @yrhenwr
October 23rd, 2016
HI @northy thanks for organising this for us every week. I am fine to play this week but please can you take me out of the game for next week - 29 October, but back on the week after - 5 November. Thank you :)
October 24th, 2016
Hi @northy I'm afaraid I can't play next week either, but will be back the following week. Hopefully as Stephanie is out the same dates your coupling will not be affected!! I am enjoying learning so many skills doing these, thanks for taking time to sort it! Jackie :)
October 29th, 2016
HI @northy not sure if you saw this or not, just incase you didn't, please can you take me out for this week, thank you.
Write a Reply