Favourite picture from your project : 17th to 23rd October 2016

October 23rd, 2016
Post your favourite photo from your own project from this past week, taken from Monday 17th to Sunday 23rd October and, if you want to, say why that one is your favourite.

To add pictures to the discussion click on the ellipsis underneath your photo (next to number of comments / favs) and then copy the embed code from the box and paste it in as your reply here.

I'm going with today's photo as it was a lovely afternoon :)

October 23rd, 2016

Without a doubt this week, it's got to be this one. Not one but two Kingfishers, at war !
October 23rd, 2016
October 23rd, 2016
Favorite as I finally feel like I know how to use settings correctly for the Milky Way. Now I want to try to capture it in different places.
October 23rd, 2016
I think this one because it was different prospective for me.
October 23rd, 2016
October 23rd, 2016
lots of good ones this week but I think this one wins.

October 23rd, 2016
October 23rd, 2016
October 23rd, 2016

This has had lovely feedback comments
October 23rd, 2016
I liked this because of (1) the camera, the rental Fujifilm X-T2, (2) the lens, the excellent f/2.8-4 18-55 kit lens, (3) the nice Adobe raw converters of this difficult format and the "camera profiles," and (4) all the things I have learned recently about the differences between "detail sharpening" (high frequency) and "strong line sharpening" (low frequency), both of which worked nicely in this image, selectively. Other stuff too, but you've already had enough of the details I am sure. It's a deceptively simple image to get right. If you actually didn't have occasion to remark on any of this detail, but sort of like the total effect, then I think I succeeded.

October 23rd, 2016
This photo came out exactly how I'd imagined it and this rarely happens! My daughter was brilliant at posing and it all seemed to come together well.

October 24th, 2016
ks
I took a hundred plus photos this past weekend and this to me was the best. The ladies' purple coat compliments the gold of the grasses.

October 24th, 2016
I am a novice at photography, so really happy with this shot. I love the reflection on the water, the lighting at dusk and the bonus of sandhill cranes flying over.
October 24th, 2016
Easy..this one of my fav chook..
October 24th, 2016
It was a great photo for a laugh

October 24th, 2016
October 24th, 2016
I always like robins but I liked this shot mainly because I can almost still hear his song as he sang so beautifully

October 24th, 2016
Because it is out of the norm for me...
October 24th, 2016
This is such a beautiful time of the year...
October 25th, 2016
>

Boat racing is a thing that my family does. This is from the first meet of the season
October 25th, 2016
The most editing I have ever done but pleased with the result.

October 25th, 2016
October 25th, 2016
Sam

Like most little boys mine are obsessed with water balloons.
Write a Reply