Artist Challenge - Josef Hoflehner

October 25th, 2016
First off, I would like to thank everyone who voted for my "Acting Up" photo as the winner of the last challenge.

The next Artist Challenge is ...... JOSEF HOFLEHNER

Josef Hoflehner is an Austrian landscape and fine art photographer. He is known for his dramatic black-and-white landscape and subtle color images. He was named Nature Photographer of the Year 2007.

For more information about Josef, right click on the link and select open in new tab to view without leaving the 365 site:
Meet the artist
Biography and exhibitions
Portfolios
Sample Works

Some of his notable works:
Jet Airliner Series
Snow and Sea
Orient Extreme
Patience

He has also published several books about his work:
Publications

Some of his works to draw inspiration:

Unleashed In The East, Austria, 2005
Snow and Sea Series

Halsanefs Hellir - Iceland, 2006
Iceland Series

Blue Barn (Japan, 2012)
Made in Japan Series

Jet Airliner #46
American Airlines Boeing 757-200
St. Maarten, 2011

East China Sea (China, 2011)
Patience Series

HK Skyline (Hong Kong, 2012)
Metropolitan Series

I look forward to your entries.

TAG : ac-Hoflehner

Start - Tuesday, 25 October 2016
Finish - Tuesday, 8 November 2016 (midnight GMT)*
October 25th, 2016
Tagging those who expressed interest in Artist Challenges. Hope to see your entries.

@adayinmallacoota @altadc @anazad511 @andrina @annied @aprilmilani @barrowlane @bella_ss @bernicrumb @bill_fe @blueberry1222 @boxplayer @brianarmoured @brigette @bruni @carolineb7 @cazink @crewnelson @cwebb @dejongdd @dh @dibzgreasley @dixon @dmdfday @edpartridge @egad @elaine55 @epcello @flyrobin @francoise @fueast @gamelee @gavincci @genealogygenie @golftragic @gozoinklings @graemestevens @granagringa @grammyn @hjbenson @homeschoolmum @hopess13 @houdiniem @irisn @ingrid2101 @jannkc @jankoos @jayberg @jesperani @jo13 @joemuli @joeyc @joansmor @jocasta @judithdeacon @judithg @justaspark @kali66 @lambda @la_photographic @leonbuys83 @lynbonn @lizranger @louuncouth @fearinnocent @mingr @lstasel @m9f9l @mastermek @mikegifford @mummarazzii @mzzhope @nadaa @nicolecampbell @northy @olivetreeann @omabluebird @paulam @peterdegraaff @photohoot @polarvrtx @psychographer @rachelwithey @salza @sassik @sassyinma @seejillrun @semjaja @sioux @soseema @spanner @stephomy @suebarni @summerfield @susale @swguevin @synke @taffy @tealgarciaphotography @thomasthoth @tigerdreamer @transatlantic99 @voiceprintz @vstap @welcometocarolworld @wenbow @yaorenliu @zabcoloma @christineaz @365projectltaylor @craigwalter @marcop @artd @arlette @evalieutionspics @annienashphotography @edman @sweetsue53 @nnenormalna @christography @ducasrouge @blueace @nochrisis @delwynforsythe @lucien @fabio007 @timf2009 @ellendell71 @alesyaphotographer @mvonsaatz @fernandocrespo @ilovelenses @loverof_thelight @scrunch @littlequeenie @renateonw @garychester @daisyditch @bill_fe @claycameras @frappa77 @sonorobyn @shylaine3304 @jspassion @cr8teurlife @caseyrybeck @lizhammond @tracys @allycoxon @claudiul @olenadole @jerome @laetitiapetrussa @romeheather @runner365 @helenhall @izzyromilly @photographynewbie @caj1311 @gerry13 @patopeters @bin1101 @mingr @bethshepherd @domenicododaro @katrinanz @janm @sfdeb @pascalschwabphoto @hiro @joysabin @kiwichick @lookinginward @pickerandagrinner @adi314 @allejandrine @linneasunivers
@irisr @jetr @joglenister @franny34 @timf2009 @houser934 @lynbonn @jerome @joglenister @jeneurell @mvonsaatz @farmreporter @overalvandaan @claudiul @nanderson @stephanies

Please let me know if:
1. You are tagged here but wish to be removed in the future tag
2. You are not tagged and you wish to be included and notified in the future list.
October 25th, 2016
also tagging @stephanies =) Hope you can join us on this challenge. =)
October 25th, 2016
aha! great choice, such diversed images to get inspiration from.
October 25th, 2016
Great choice, love this artist!!
October 25th, 2016
love the choice - I hope I can get my act together to join in
October 25th, 2016
May be too much going on, but here's an entry
October 25th, 2016
@altadc Just a query - do photos have to be taken between 25 Oct and 8 Nov, or can older photos be used for the Artist challenges? Thanks
October 25th, 2016
Thanks for having tagged me.
October 25th, 2016
I love this body of work...partly because I am familiar with some of the shots from Detroit! thanks!!!
October 25th, 2016
Glorious work.
October 25th, 2016
Thank you for the tag - I'll see what I can produce :-)
October 25th, 2016
@nickspicsnz Hello Nick, yes, the photo must be taken on the specified dates. Thanks. Hope to see your entries.
October 25th, 2016
@sonorobyn That is beautiful!
October 25th, 2016
@summerfield @joemuli @annied @ducasrouge @jackies365 @brianarmoured @sweetsue53 Thank you. Hope to see your entries. Enjoy!
October 26th, 2016
@altadc Hi do I just add the entry to my page as normal? or is this an extra picture each day - sorry to sound a bit dumb - but not done this before??
Many thanks Sue
October 26th, 2016
@sweetsue53 yes, just post on your project and don't forget to tag it with ac-Hoflehner so we can all see it. You can also post it on this thread by pressing the 3 dots on your photo (...) and copying the embed code. Hope this helps.
October 26th, 2016
October 26th, 2016
@altadc - Thank you alta :-)
October 26th, 2016
@altadc I love your choice. Thank you I have enjoyed looking at some of these works (there is a fine line between being inspired and being so overwhelmed that it seems easier to give up though!)
October 26th, 2016
Thanks for tagging me @altadc what a great artist you picked, I really like his work. I will see if I can come up with something :)
October 26th, 2016
Please tag me ! Thanks
October 27th, 2016
@nanderson I have added you to the tag list. Welcome aboard. Hope to see your entries. Enjoy the challenge!
October 27th, 2016
@helenhall Thanks Helen. He is an inspiration. My son says: When I grow up I want to take beautiful photos like him =)

Hope to see your entries. =)
October 27th, 2016
@stephanies Thank you Steph. Hope to see your entries. =)
October 27th, 2016
Please tag me Alta.. Thanks!!!
October 27th, 2016
I'm liking this style, hopefully I will be able to get out with my camera to shoot something
October 29th, 2016
Loved going through his portfolio! Here is one based on this image of his:

http://www.josefhoflehner.com/americanlandscapes/california/40.html

October 30th, 2016
I hope this one is in the spirit of Hoflehner - Love Birds at Sea

October 31st, 2016
here's one from me
November 2nd, 2016
My last days entry for the challenge

Write a Reply