Panisonic Lumix user

January 16th, 2017
I have a Panasonic Lumix FX200 and was wondering if there were other Lumix users on 365. I really love this camera other than it is hard to get a macro picture. I would be interesting in hearing from other Panaxonic Lumix users.
January 16th, 2017
I use a Lumix DMC -FZ1000 , I like its Macro capabilities, not a clue about 'micro'. I've had a good response from the Panasonic Lumix 'Help' line.
January 16th, 2017
Thanks for your post. Of course, I meant "macro". My FX200 does not seems to focus on taking a macro picture. I do have a lens for 10x which seems to take much closer pictures. Maybe I need to upgrade to the FZ1000. I will look into that.
January 16th, 2017
Hello fellow fz200 user! :)

I tend to find using the manual focus on the camera is the way to get better macro photos. It is a bit fiddly but there are some on my page. Have you watched the Graham Houghton videos? I think that's his surname, will double check.

You can set the slide control on the lens barrel to control focus and when in manual you can choose a specific spot to focus on. I am still learning though. Apologies if you already knew all this.
January 16th, 2017
I need to use manual more. I will definitely try that. Yes, I am a big fan of Graham Houghton. I have his Owners Manual for the FZ200. I need to study it more, for sure. I wanted to find fellow FZ200 users to follow and see their pictures. Thanks for posting. I am definitely going to follow you.
January 16th, 2017
Following back @henrir. Always good to see what others do with the same equipment. I need to get to grips a lot more and keep trying to find time to read and practise with the camera. Look forward to following your project :)
January 16th, 2017
I did 1 and half 365 projects on a Lumix GH1, it was the most durable wonderful camera, kept me company for 7 years! Good luck with your project :))
January 17th, 2017
@izzyromilly Thanks Izzy. I really do love my FZ200. I had about two years that I didn't take a lot of pictures and I think I just need to get back to using it every day and getting to know the camera again. That's my goal for this year.
January 17th, 2017
@henrir .I have a Lumix GX7,mirrorless camera,which I'm very pleased with.I have just bought the GX80.I shall use both cameras as I have several lenses.
January 17th, 2017
Most of my photos are taken with the FZ200. I have found it to be a good all rounder without the hassle of lugging heavy gear and changing lenses. I have had some trouble with macros and focussing in the past but suspect that is probably operator error. I found the Graham Houghton tutorials quite helpful. Hope you continue to enjoy your camera.
January 17th, 2017
@adayinmallacoota That's what I like about the FZ200. It fits in my purse and I can always have it handy.
Write a Reply